What I'm working with!

uberkevin

Got that taken care of Flat. The l18 head gasket did fail but! I'm pretty positive it was the head bolts that did that one in.

After I took them out I was like WTF! I put these in this block??? The fuck! And I know for a fact I cleaned them along with the threads in the block.

I'm hoping its just a head gasket Jon. But if it is rings then.. my bad.. but still there isnt coolent in oil and not burning oil.. idk..

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would not consider that related to clutch holding. I hold my clutch at almost all lights, have for years. That was bearing failure for sure, but I wouldn't blame anything but just the bearing.

• Like 1

20160514_173204.jpg

20160514_173211.jpg

Resurface for good measure?

Or just change out that bearing and keep the fuck going? ???

Oh and buy more beer..

Tranny wasn't hard to get out at all!

Real easy job I feel.

Yes it took me a little while but with work and my back being a bitch I think I did alright. Oh and got 44 hours.

• Like 2

I freaking love mine. I live in the Rockies in Utah and the awd is amazing during our random and unpredictable winters. In my opinion, it's the perfect family car for where I live.

Same with the KA24e head gaskets. Knowing that now I'd never buy one of those turdburglers

Well, I wouldn't run one of those either :P  If an engine doesn't typically do 200k miles without needing something as major as headgasket(s), count me out.  Inlaws have an 09 Forester and just got hit with the reality of needing the headgaskets done.  That's a big job, and big $$$, for people that aren't able to do it themselves.  Car only has like 140k on it, too.

Jmy subi has 170 that's pretty darn close to 200. That really not that bad.

Well, I wouldn't run one of those either :P  If an engine doesn't typically do 200k miles without needing something as major as headgasket(s), count me out.  Inlaws have an 09 Forester and just got hit with the reality of needing the headgaskets done.  That's a big job, and big $$$, for people that aren't able to do it themselves.  Car only has like 140k on it, too.

When I worked at the carwash I drove many cars and trucks. Every subaru I drove was excellent!

After getting this subi I don't know why any one would buy a different car.. subarus are GREAT cars and super easy to work on...

But I do understand the cost, of someone not bent able to do it them selfs.

2000 bucks almost for this job.

Yeah.  My brother had an 09 Forester as well.  I guess it's the AWD, but for how gutless it was it also got kind of lame gas mileage.  But, it did do his family a solid when his pregnant wife & two daughters got hit on the freeway and rolled in the median.  They were all fine.

Well, I wouldn't run one of those either :P If an engine doesn't typically do 200k miles without needing something as major as headgasket(s), count me out. Inlaws have an 09 Forester and just got hit with the reality of needing the headgaskets done. That's a big job, and big $$$, for people that aren't able to do it themselves. Car only has like 140k on it, too.

140k, eh?

Any other brand of car, short or Nissan, Honda, Toyota, and Subaru, you'd be buying a new car.

$2000 repair bill, or 5-7 more years worth of car paymemts.

• Like 1