• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20140709_192257_zpsll0c2nq0.jpg

Put together a 5 speed.

Hey awesome truck & progress!

I have 2 quick questions on the transmission.

1st Question: I have a FS5W71B from a 85 720 converted to a 4x4. Reason why I told you it was converted (Minus the obvious when seeing the truck) the trans does NOT have the speedo drive slot open like the standard 720 should  :( 

AANNYYWWAAYYSS my question is, does it still have the drive gear for the speedo on the main shaft of the transmission even though the spot for the speedo drive isn't exposed? (sorry if that doesn't make any since & i can get you pics if you need them)

2nd Question: how did you take off the tail end of the 5 speed without damaging the internals?

• Like 2

#2 carefully as shit..

I can't excitedly remember how I got the tail off... I know there's a hole near the tail 'you can see it in the picture posted'

If I recall I had to work it a bunch..

Sorry not really helpful on that part but #1 I'm pretty darn sure there's just isn't a speedo gear... the transfer case on the 4x4s have the speedo gear, so no real point to put on in the the trans.

• Like 1

#2 carefully as shit..

I can't excitedly remember how I got the tail off... I know there's a hole near the tail 'you can see it in the picture posted'

If I recall I had to work it a bunch..

Sorry not really helpful on that part but #1 I'm pretty darn sure there's just isn't a speedo gear... the transfer case on the 4x4s have the speedo gear, so no real point to put on in the the trans.

haha alright thanks.

& bummer, do you think i can use the speedo drive from my 521 trans since its the same spline? (please tell me that made since)

• Like 1

20150411_142718_zpsd2z3bouv.jpg

So truck was running really good today... and then I started smelling gas. Opened up the hood and holy hell there was so much gas coming out the rear overflow... I did get some hoses so it's not just going over everything..

Getting a lttle tired of this.. now what to do... haha

• Like 4

Well I moved the rear float to the front..

Fronts not over flowing nor is the back...

..Yet..

I should probably buy new floats/ seat right but where's the best place.. that and I don't really know what I'd be buying.

38mm Hitachi flat tops, k14 manifold.

I want the best floats I can buy haha

• Like 2

You need some Titans for your truck..

I vote escalades ,,,,,,, FTW!!   cuz i bet no-one has ever thought of using those...

Have you actually looked into floats??  or are you just talking ??  i believe you might be able to still get them through Nissan ,, if not the OlyFAILnissan at the auto mall,, ......... the Gladstone one...   Use that flat rectangular thing you are perpetually sliding your finger across to look up their number... 

.Your welcome

• Like 4