I need some help for my corona

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best advice right here jalen. Buy a running car and fix it when it breaks. Dont buy a broken car and try to fix someone elses pile of problems. I highly doubt you'll have only one thing to fix and it'll magicly be running and driving. Once one thing is fixed on that car your going to find that 5 other things need attention, then 5 more, then 5 more....... till its driving reliably. Then before you know it you've gone through and replace a parts of every system on the car......................trust me.

Reminds me of when I sold my '96 hardbody, and my 81 Accord, and bought a 63 F100 (cheap too!). I liked that truck a lot, and trying to restore it put me right in the poor house until I sold it. Old Ford parts aren't cheap. It did run well, I'll give it that. But brakes, and lights, and a bad ring gear for the starter. Linkage that kept binding up that would necessitate me pulling over and whacking it with a crescent wrench to unbind it. Oh the fun times! :)

Unless you're prepared to spend some massive quality time with your Toyota (which I won't point out as inferior to Datsun) you're probably going to be better off selling and getting a mid-90s rig with maybe high mileage but mechanically sound for the most part. Spending all your waking moments working on a car isn't having a reliable car. It's having a project car. I have now gutted the 510 for the second time, and it it's previous version it took me 3 years to get it ready to roll.

Jalen, it's important that you understand the systems and their functions, how they work, and what components are necessary to make them work. Just getting a solution for your current problem will hurt you in the long run. The problem isn't that your coil isn't connected to your distributor, or that your points are out of adjustment; it's that you don't know why it's a problem that your coil isn't connected to your distributor, or that your points are out of adjustment. Have you ever heard the expression, "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day; teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime"? Mostly everybody here(in one way or another) is trying to teach you "how to fish". It speaks of the gaining the power to create your own solutions, rather than just being given a single, temporary solution.

The factory service manual provides you information for your car specifically, but perhaps you need to go a step further and watch some videos, or read some books on basic automotive fundamentals and troubleshooting. Youtube has plenty of short length videos for the Do It Yourself beginner. Nobody's going to fault you for trying to learn, but you need to LISTEN to what they're saying.

Nobody who works cars(without somebody with experience standing there holding their hand) was just born with the knowledge. They had to get it, whether by schooling, reading, or by being around someone who could teach them. It's not a natural ability, but understanding predictable situations with predictable outcomes is. There's nothing magical about how any systems on a car work. Electricity has a few proven laws. The same goes with Physics and Hydraulics. Maybe I'm saying too much, but if you take a few small steps at a time, you'll learn that the way a complete machine functions is very predictable, once you break it down into simpler systems. I encourage you to get knowledge first, which will in turn lead you to correct, predictable solutions.

• Like 6

Jalen, it's important that you understand the systems and their functions, how they work, and what components are necessary to make them work. Just getting a solution for your current problem will hurt you in the long run. The problem isn't that your coil isn't connected to your distributor, or that your points are out of adjustment; it's that you don't know why it's a problem that your coil isn't connected to your distributor, or that your points are out of adjustment. Have you ever heard the expression, "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day; teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime"? Mostly everybody here(in one way or another) is trying to teach you "how to fish". It speaks of the gaining the power to create your own solutions, rather than just being given a single, temporary solution.

The factory service manual provides you information for your car specifically, but perhaps you need to go a step further and watch some videos, or read some books on basic automotive fundamentals and troubleshooting. Youtube has plenty of short length videos for the Do It Yourself beginner. Nobody's going to fault you for trying to learn, but you need to LISTEN to what they're saying.

Nobody who works cars(without somebody with experience standing there holding their hand) was just born with the knowledge. They had to get it, whether by schooling, reading, or by being around someone who could teach them. It's not a natural ability, but understanding predictable situations with predictable outcomes is. There's nothing magical about any systems on a car work. Electricity has a few proven laws. The same goes with Physics and Hydraulics. Maybe I'm saying to much, but if you take a few small steps at a time, you'll learn that the way a machine functions is very predictable, once you break it down into simpler systems. I encourage you to get knowledge first, which will in turn lead you to correct, predictable solutions.

Ok, you lost me... Where am i supposed to hook up the fish again???

• Like 2

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day; teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime"?

I was once told by a wise man "Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life."

• Like 2

Okay, i just spat my coffee all over the place when i read this ad.

By spoonfeeding information to this disrespectful little troll you aren't helping a ratsun member get his car on the road, you are teaching this kid to "flip" cars. As entertaining as they are, this is the last jalen thread i will be reading. Where is the "ignore" button???

here.... just take this and go.

7298440132_large.jpg

because your just going to keep trading for cars that could have been saved and making them worse.

and eventually your going to just end up getting one anyway, so just take it now.

until you can understand the basics of mechanical and electrical theory.... stop buying J-tin.

because you clearly do not.

• Like 2

I understand mechanical things on the car and I now have a week in 2 days to have a daily driver. I would love to daily drive this car, I have ha 2 mechanics come look at this car and they couldn't figure it out either. If the fsm comes in very soon and I can get if running ill keep the car. Hence why the add says feeler.

So two mechanics came to look at the car and they couldnt figure out a car made in the 60s? Theres like 5 parts to the engine. A lot of people here have been giving you the benefit of the doubt thread after thread and its getting tiring. A lot of us arent going to help out anymore when you keep doing this.

I for one am out. Hopefully you get wise and get your shit straight.

• Like 1