I need some help for my corona

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Find the tab and slide the connector onto it. Make sure that if the dizzy is single point and there's two tabs, that you open up the dizzy and see which tab has the points attached to it. That's the one you want to connect it to.

Do not ground that wire to anything...It is the trigger wire for the coil from the points. It is a simple circuit with the points being the on-off switch.

Bananahammock posted this pic in this thread which shows the - side of the coil circuit in the dizzy.

173_0310_pert_7b_z.jpg

Please buy a manual and read it through before doing anymore 'troubleshooting"

Trying hard to give you the benefit of the doubt here.....but your troll is showing. :yawn:

this is what mine looks like.

IMG_20120823_095723.jpg

and the blaack wire is the wire im tlking about.

based on what tristin said this is what i got.

IMG_20120823_095921.jpg

the black wire goes on the tab that conects the condenser to the points. im going to go test it but if you guys thik this is right or wro let me know.

Maybe what they're trying to tell you is that you should wait until you get your manual on Monday, give it a read through, and then continue on. Trying to rush this to get it to the meet on Saturday is probably not the wisest move if you aren't sure of what you're doing. I'm sure that we can all understand your desire to get it on the road and to the meet to show it off, as many of us have been there, but it really isn't worth fucking it up more than it already is by doing it hastily without the proper knowledge.

Patience young grasshopper.

• Like 1

You guys keep spoon feeding the troll I'm bowing out and unsubscribing lol.

DTP was nice enough to link to a pdf wiring diagram pages ago btw, try reading maybe.

• Like 1

You guys keep spoon feeding the troll I'm bowing out and unsubscribing lol.

DTP was nice enough to link to a pdf wiring diagram pages ago btw, try reading maybe.

I like this :lol:

Jalen !!!! Wiring diagram that works/readable/and exploded ! I clicked on it and read it in Adobe.

(be warned ,,, occasional virus pops up )

---> http://www.mediafire...ctbc1ratdd9mjba <---

^^^^^^^^^^^^

clicky !!

Erm you have a pic of the wires attached to your coil, it is showing black/yellow attached to the negative... the wiring diagram says black/yellow is ignition power... maybe diagram is wrong, but doesnt hurt to check to see if black/yellow is indeed +12 with key on...

And having 50 red wires in the bay is helping nobody...

IMG_20120820_121642.jpg

you were ight the blackand yellow is ignition(noticed that earlier) and red is the battery. (goes from battery to kill switch back to the coil.) so its a pretty sketchy kill switch.

but like i said so far i have replaced the points,cap rotor, codenser, coil, battery, spark plugs, plug wires, fuel filter. the car is getting spark (but it seems like it should have more) and its getting gas to the carb.

so in theory if im getting spark, gas, and air (of course) that the car should run, right? it turns over ad kinda coughs (not quite a back fire, but it almsot seems like its goig to sttaart but dies)

this is what mine looks like.

IMG_20120823_095723.jpg

and the blaack wire is the wire im tlking about.

based on what tristin said this is what i got.

IMG_20120823_095921.jpg

the black wire goes on the tab that conects the condenser to the points. im going to go test it but if you guys thik this is right or wro let me know.

:rofl: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

I can see one of your problems. :D Take a look at your contact set. Now look at the distributor cam. Then look at the little felt pointy thing that is NOT engaged on the distributor cam!

Guest 510kamikazifreak

:rofl: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

I can see one of your problems. :D Take a look at your contact set. Now look at the distributor cam. Then look at the little felt pointy thing that is NOT engaged on the distributor cam!

Thats normal...

In Jalens world? :rofl:

not connected, engaged. Meaning the high point of the cam lobe should be in contact with the wiper, that is how the points are adjusted. It also looks like the black wire is rubbing on the lobe, it should not be that close.

What they are saying is that your points are waaaayyyyy out of adjustment. Again, I recommend getting the manual and reading through it. I would also suggest paying close attention to the chapter on your ignition system. I understand you are young, but this is basic stuff and it is in the book...I don't have the book for your car so it's hard for me to tell you any specific details about the adjustment.

Basically, your point lobe (the felt bit) should be adjusted when it is touching the distributor cam lobe, this is your point gap. When the point lobe is on the flat area of the dizzy the points should be closed. When the points open as the dizzy spins there is a spark, this spark goes through the wire to the coil and tells the coil to fire. The coil spark the travels throught the coil wire, through the cap, down to the rotor and out to the spark plug wire.

I painted on your pic but I can't get it to upload at the moment, stupid internet....

....and re route that black wire like darrel mentioned.