---- Test Light ----

$10.19 + shipping or pick up local. Or autoparts store

http://www.sears.com...=2&blockType=G2

---- Mult-meter ----

7 function multi-meter

$7 on sale + shipping or pick up local store. Or autoparts store

very easy to use.

http://www.harborfre...eter-92020.html

PDF = Free wiring diagram !? ( havent clicked ,,, afraid of virus lol ) =http://www.c-luet.co...iring-diagrams/

• Like 1
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth.

Pick up a FSM, read whatever task you want to accomplish for a few days and then go mess with the car. Make sure you bring the FSM with you and refer to it constantly.

lol all my fsm are durty as fuck on the bottom corner from turing the pages with a greasy finger....i used to use my finger to follow when i read but then i couldnt ever read shit it was too greasy...do it jalen u can if u just dont try sshit with reckless abandon....research it theres info out there that can walk u through anything and when u get stuck post up ... this site has helped me with all kinds of shit....

Fuck Toyota! :D Oh wait, that's not helpful, but it is how I really feel! I briefly read through the first two pages. The wiring looks atrocious pretty much everywhere. Oily butt connectors and oily starter is not the best way to start things. But yes, get an FSM and read it. That will help you out the most.

lol all my fsm are durty as fuck on the bottom corner from turing the pages with a greasy finger....i used to use my finger to follow when i read but then i couldnt ever read shit it was too greasy...do it jalen u can if u just dont try sshit with reckless abandon....research it theres info out there that can walk u through anything and when u get stuck post up ... this site has helped me with all kinds of shit....

i have the same problem with dirty pages, nowadays i throw them on a scanner and save them as a PDF before they get too worn out. It also makes wiring diagrams easier to read because you can zoom in super close. I go through my manuals and make consolidated lists of all of the torque settings, too. Fumbling through pages looking for torque settings one at a time sucks.

*forgot to mention Jalen, sometimes manuals can be wrong, if you run into a problem that's a good time to double check with ratsun. These guys know what the books get wrong.

Haha if it catches on fire I'm raging. Found out the coil doesent have a wire hooked up. The negative wire leaving the coil goes to know where. Which is why I believe why there is no spark

Yeah ^

So since the negative off the coil isn't connected to anything could that be the reason why there is no spark?

How long did it take you to log into Ratsun, navigate to this thread, and post a reply? It would have taken you less time to hook the negative wire to ground and get your own answer.

Once I saw that wire was just dangling there, I would have connected it to where it was suppose to go and checked for spark. Then if it worked I would have solved the problem. If it didn't then you know you have another issue, but at least one thing is fixed. Probably would have taken you about 30sec. to hook up that wire and turn the key on to test spark.

Just food for thought Jalen. Not every action you take on the car needs conference with Ratsun.

He probably just wants to make sure he's doing things right.

I know cause I do this at times too.

I end up asking stupid questions out of fear of fucking up, rather than having no idea.

Lol some where in my build thread I was freaking out on what bolts to use.

• Like 1

He probably just wants to make sure he's doing things right be spoon-fed.

Fixed.

But to answer your question Jalen: yes, normally a broken circuit means it won't function properly. That wire may not be the issue, but it's definitely an issue. Regardless it needs to be hooked up.

I like to make sure before i do stuff now I fucked up a z already. This car is here to stay.

So does anybody no where this negative wore go? I have read that it he's to the dizzy, starter, firwall, fender.

And it's dark in the car sits outside. I would rather wait untilled tomorrow to continue messing with the car.

So does anybody no where this negative wore go? I have read that it he's to the dizzy, starter, firwall, fender.

Like I said. It grounds to the dizzy.

I'd learn some basic electrical skills, it will prove useful in many occasions.

This way, you can read a wiring diagram and know your shit.

Take a electronics class in high school.

Tristin beat me tooo it.

Multimeter > test light.

Just sayin. Invest in good tools and it will pay off in the meantime.

With that said, good tools aren't worth shit if you don't know how to use them. Learning takes time, so get to learning. Electronics are pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Also, check your lugnuts. Just sayin'

:thumbup:

We had a 67 wagon in Chehalis lined up over by the transfer station but it needed a front end and could never find one ,,so we didn`t buy it ,,,Thanks alot man ...really appreciate ya looking out fer my kid..

Jalen the condenser is hooked directly to the wire for the coil ..picture in link

http://www.google.co...D46wKUZSbRRmJZA

post#42 i believe

the least you could do is ,,,,,,,,TRY READING THE FUCKING ANSWERS PEOPLE GIVE YOU!!

And it doesn`t go to ground just because it has a -neg sign on it that`s just stupid ,,,Negative on the coil goes to the points,,points work the exact same way in a 426 hemi as they do in a fucking lawn mower.

• Like 1

So does anybody no where this negative wore wire goes? I have read that it he's to the dizzy, starter, firwall, fender.

And it's dark in the car sits outside. I would rather wait untilled tomorrow to continue messing with the car.

I'm getting confused by your grammar...

Also, this goes back to the FSM. If you had one you wouldn't be asking the question! Wiring diagrams are very useful.

post#42 i believe

the least you could do is ,,,,,,,,TRY READING THE FUCKING ANSWERS PEOPLE GIVE YOU!!

And it doesn`t go to ground just because it has a -neg sign on it that`s just stupid ,,,Negative on the coil goes to the points,,points work the exact same way in a 426 hemi as they do in a fucking lawn mower.

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-sarcastic-or-emotional-drunk-ed4765.jpg

I missed my nappy time this afternoon.. :P

Actually they should rename turrets to ,,,Jalen ,,,, they both cause spontaneous outbursts of cuss words ..

I ment Tourettes!!

FUCK!!

Banana- the condesenser goes on the outside of the distributor.the negitive wire I'm talking bout has to deal with the COIL not the DISTRIBUTOR O CONDENSER

I listen to your answers but some are wrong.and I did order a fsm. Wont be here till Monday roughly

Yea, I kinda laughed about the negative on the coil going to ground, lols. Hmm lets think, key provides ignition power to + side on coil, so how does coil know when to fire? Well when it gets grounded! Perma-grounding a coil sounds like a good way to cook it to me.

One thing I have learned over the years, not everyone thinks the same way I do, so just because I explain something to someone, doesnt mean they will understand it.

Jalen, you will understand one day; figure out how you learn best, how you problem solve. Asking someone for help is alright, but in moderation. Also, try to understand the systems, here you got a slight glimpse into the coil, how it knows when to fire for spark. It is just 1 part of the ignition system.

The easiest way to check imho is to jump the starter from the bat with a separate cable, whether it turns or not you still found the problem/solution.

Jalen, have you tried this yet? I know you're playing with all sorts of other wires and issues now, but Isn't the problem still "Car will not crank anymore"? If that's the case, check the Battery and starter assy, and go from there. DTP sugested testing multiple things for the Battery, and Jumping the leads for the starter, as Jay said, will let you know if the starter is 1) getting power and 2) engaging properly.

If you want it to crank S-A-F is where to start.