510 gOOn: To Rack or not to Rack?

DatDoug

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tired to change the profile pic but it would not take any pics. I will try again.

hahahahahaha lol at the Ratsun salute.

I love the rack, I'm looking for a proper old one like that for my wagon. Guess I should go look at a "boneyard"!

Jun! Youre back. I love wagons with racks, so the more the merrier I say.

Tough call. The car looks good without it but the rack does have some utility purposes. I say use a 2 sided tape so you can remove it if you decide you don't like it.

This then would be for looks? Surely carrying loads held on with tape isn't good.

I love my rack, but it came original on the car and when originally installed, was attached via wood screws. After working on it for quite a while, I fixed the damage and reattached it with rubber wedge anchors that seal and isolate the rack from the roof. If I were to paint the car, I would think long and hard about reinstalling it but it makes the car for me and completes the vintage look better than a stand off rack would.

later

Joel

I have an original rack, but still having a hard time thinking about drilling holes in my roof. I *will* have the headliner out sometime soon, and can treat the holes and silicone the backsides for leaks, but I'm still not so sure I can put the holes in the goon..