Long time lurker finally posting.

Hey guys and gals,

My name is Ben and I live in Denver. I am new to posting on this forum, but that does not mean im new to Datsuns :) .

I have a 72 240z with an s14 SR20det swap, and I just picked up a 1966 520.

I'm eager to dive in and become a part of this community of people who love these cars as much or more than I do.

Anyway, all treads are worthless without pics so here are a few shots.

240z172409.jpg

240z372409.jpg

dscf0073k.jpg

47fTk.jpg

The 520

in the field where I found her.

FBgNz.jpg

Old Nikiki Carb

3WQaE.jpg

DGV swap from my old L motor, runs much better now!

RWTNx.jpg

Rare glove box knob, unfortunately its cracked and glued together.

X1HRB.jpg

First drive after I got her up and running.

I1Pc7.jpg94G68.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love the twin-eye 520!

Yeah! I was very excited to find this truck.

I really dig both your rides! The Sr in a z car is cool and the patina on the 520 is perfect. Welcome!

Thanks man, the patina on the truck is what reall sold me on it. Other than a small hole in the pass. floor, its cancer free.

The flat floors are going to be a breeze compared to the undertaking with the Z.

Welcome to Ratsun

Nice rides, B) torn on the patina myself, doesn't look natural to me, but it's not my truck, what counts is what you want. :thumbup:

Don't misplace them 520 hubcaps, that's what it came with.

Do the farm plates mean it wasn't licenced for the road?

Do you get to keep them farm plates even though you will drive it on the road?

I think they are great plates for that truck exactly the way it is, as it looks like a farm truck, a farm truck that the owner did not abuse.

I think they are great plates for that truck exactly the way it is, as it looks like a farm truck, a farm truck that the owner did not abuse.

Colorado used to have "farm" , "rec truck", "rv" plates, but that didn't really mean anything as far as registration fees. They could be driven on road as well. Maybe it had something to do with insurance.

Unlike some states, the plate does not stay with the car in Colorado. Could he reuse that plate? He would have to check with the DMV, not sure what the rules are about an older plate from another county.

Welcome to Ratsun

Nice rides, B) torn on the patina myself, doesn't look natural to me, but it's not my truck, what counts is what you want. :thumbup:

Don't misplace them 520 hubcaps, that's what it came with.

Dont worry, the hubcaps are safe and sound and will be on the wheels as soon as I refinish them.

Im pretty sure the farm plates had something to do with registration fees/taxes, I bought it from an old rancher. Im hoping I can re register them, we'll see once I hit the DMV.

Why weren't you at the z club track day at HPR?

To be quite honest; although the Z runs and drives, it still needs some tinkering to be road worthy.

Im in the middle of fabbing my exhaust ( taking a break as i post this). Also needs a new rad, BOV, boost gauge, water temp gauge, tach and speedo. The floors need some addressing and new seats. As a broke college kid, its a slow process :D.

Great intro man, and cool rides. Keep that patina and that J13, looks good. Welcome to Ratsun. Where are you located?

Southern Denver, or Englewood if you re familiar

Thanks for the kind words everyone, glad to be here.

Doesn't look like you can use the plates, unless you can prove it will be used on the farm.

But you can keep them for shows, just put a magnet on the back and put them in front the standard plates.

Yeah, Im not banking on using the pates, but I'm sure as hell going to try.

I have collector plates on the Z, but I have not registered the truck yet.

I just bought the thing a week and a half ago, needed to get it running and driving first.

Going to the DMV Monday to see what happens.

Good to have you on board...:) Glad that someone scooped up that 520.

Broke college kids can have cool rides too:)

Call if you need some help sometime.

I'll keep you up to date on the Datsun situation in the Denver area yards.

There's a good J motor still sitting in a car at Pull-n-Pay on east Colfax.

Have a good one man.

Oh....and the patina does look ok...but I'd agree that it looks a little bit pushed...like its been forced upon the old truck.;)

If only it could tell its story:)

Good to have you on board... :) Glad that someone scooped up that 520.

Broke college kids can have cool rides too:)

Call if you need some help sometime.

I'll keep you up to date on the Datsun situation in the Denver area yards.

There's a good J motor still sitting in a car at Pull-n-Pay on east Colfax.

Have a good one man.

Oh....and the patina does look ok...but I'd agree that it looks a little bit pushed...like its been forced upon the old truck. ;)

If only it could tell its story:)

At some point i'll do body work and paint, but for now a cool rat pick up will suit me just fine.

Thanks for the heads up on the J in the yard. Luckily the motor is pretty strong; comp tested it at 135 across the board with #3 at 130, not to shabby.

Hey guys and gals,

First drive after I got her up and running.

I1Pc7.jpg

I like this picture enough for it to be my new wallpaper,,,,and i dont mean PC,, I mean the damn whole house.. :thumbup:

I like this picture enough for it to be my new wallpaper,,,,and i dont mean PC,, I mean the damn whole house.. :thumbup:

HAHA thanks!

Benlt I am here in Aurora I live on the Air Force Base. Your Z and pickup look good you will have to bring them out in the future to one of the meets.

Absolutely, the truck should be ripe for cruising here shortly.

• 4 months later...

Welcome to ratsun!Hey guys im in golden hopping to meet cool ppl that have datsuns as well. I have a donor 240sx for my sedan but need a good mechanic in town to make the swap. If anybody knows about somebody that can do the swap let me know. I also have a canon intake with a weber carb that i bought a while ago for my l16 but since plans change i decide to sell it. 400 for the set. Both brand new

• Like 1

they both look good

I like the patina pushed or natural who cares

but do you realy think an old farmer tried to make his truck look that way NO it just happened

looks good nice post and pics