Iv never wanted a new car before....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just saw the first one here today on the streets, I was unable to take my camera and took a pic for you all, it was a white one. I like to see it, butif I had to buy it, I wished it could get more power after spending $30k. Nice to see, but not for me.

With that being said Subaru's old flat-6 SVX ... was not satisfying (to me) when driving.

SVX was a pig thats why lol like 10000000lbs and only came in an over heating auto. :poop: Looked cool though....

• Like 1

I'd straight get the Subaru version. I think their styling of the chassis looks way better. Still, the car does look pretty nice, and really, 200 hp is plenty to move a 2600# chassis. Consider the NX2000 only had 140hp and the same weight. Less drivetrain loss though being fwd, but still.

SVX was a pig thats why lol like 10000000lbs and only came in an over heating auto. :poop: Looked cool though....

:lol: this is True !!! I actually didnt know they weighed that mu :blink: like 3500-3600-ish chunkyness! !!! Too much chicken fried steak for it (damn I want some now). It's been a while since I driven one lol.

Oh yeah! ... I still like the svx's !!! I looked at one years ago with a blind eye to the problems lol. The guy wanted to much for what it was though.

Guy I know has a Flat-6 in a dune buggy ... he says it's pretty cool ! lol.... hes taken it out like 2 times :rofl: (poor buggers always busy) ... one of them was a snow storm lol

The look of this car is growing on me.

:lol: this is True !!! I actually didnt know they weighed that mu :blink: like 3500-3600-ish chunkyness! !!! Too much chicken fried steak for it (damn I want some now). It's been a while since I driven one lol.

Oh yeah! ... I still like the svx's !!! I looked at one years ago with a blind eye to the problems lol. The guy wanted to much for what it was though.

Guy I know has a Flat-6 in a dune buggy ... he says it's pretty cool ! lol.... hes taken it out like 2 times :rofl: (poor buggers always busy) ... one of them was a snow storm lol

The look of this car is growing on me.

Ya even slow heavy and auto the car is cool lol. Ever since the day I first saw a svx and wondered what the hell it was I have liked them. Before I got into z's with my z32 TT I was looking to buy one. Had that happened I may not own my s30 today :-O

I think the 250hp 3.6L EZ36D is a good engine for a swap, subi flat 6 in the new Legacy, outback, tribeca.... It has asymmetrical rods for maximum displacement in the small size package. Same size as the 3 liter actually. Its a mild motor too unlike the FA in the BRZ thats stock at a wopping 12.5:1 comp and direct injection. I actually dont think 197hp out of a 2 liter with 12.5:1 and DI is anything to be proud of....

Ya even slow heavy and auto the car is cool lol. Ever since the day I first saw a svx and wondered what the hell it was I have liked them. Before I got into z's with my z32 TT I was looking to buy one. Had that happened I may not own my s30 today :-O

I think the 250hp 3.6L EZ36D is a good engine for a swap, subi flat 6 in the new Legacy, outback, tribeca.... It has asymmetrical rods for maximum displacement in the small size package. Same size as the 3 liter actually. Its a mild motor too unlike the FA in the BRZ thats stock at a wopping 12.5:1 comp and direct injection. I actually dont think 197hp out of a 2 liter with 12.5:1 and DI is anything to be proud of....

Well, when you think about it, the L20B race motors in the 70s were around 200 hp. But they were also probably 14:1 or so, and they had 120 octane. So the same power with factory reliability and the ease of using regular fuel due to the engine management, I think is fairly impressive. Don't forget, compression is for torque, flow is for hp. And then I went and looked around and found this on a Toyota forum. Perhaps you're right?

http://www.ft86club....read.php?t=5859

However, they are comparing FF to FR, which of course will have more drivetrain loss.

Idk I compare it to other modern 2 liters like the honda k20a's that make 220hp at 11.5:1

Ya your right comp is for tq but that kind of bolsters my point, 12.5:1 and it makes 151tq lol and as they are saying in that link its with a really awkward curve too. Thats with completely modern design and flow. I think the L20b making that power even at that high comp is way more impressive.

Well, just goes to show you, Toyota fucks everything up! ;) I'm sure there will be some people who get it and backdate it to an EJ20. Lol! Still, the car looks nice.

Im still waiting to meet up with with a toyobaru on the streets. I want to humiliate one. Just got through putting a t28 in my talon, and some mild supporting mods. Its good for around 250 hp at current boost level without going into fuel cut. I was very excited about the new rwd car, but price and lack of power for that price kills it for me.. It will be fun to humiliate one.

Being nit pickey... wtf is with that stereo head unit? Looks like someone forgot to engineer some looks into it.. It looks like it's the stock radio from a 1991 honda passport or something.. lol. 7:16 in the video.

But we don't buy a car because of the head unit... so, just an observance.

Being nit pickey... wtf is with that stereo head unit? Looks like someone forgot to engineer some looks into it.. It looks like it's the stock radio from a 1991 honda passport or something.. lol. 7:16 in the video.

But we don't buy a car because of the head unit... so, just an observance.

Second thought... looking at it from another angle. (7:18) looks a bit better when it's powered on.

Im still waiting to meet up with with a toyobaru on the streets. I want to humiliate one. Just got through putting a t28 in my talon, and some mild supporting mods. Its good for around 250 hp at current boost level without going into fuel cut. I was very excited about the new rwd car, but price and lack of power for that price kills it for me.. It will be fun to humiliate one.

Depends on where you meet it. Through the corners might surprise you. It has very good reviews for handling. Besides, look at the 240sx when it first came out. It had less hp and weighed about the same. Yet people mod those and made them faster. Just sayin'

Does anyone else see that the stylized 86 in the fender badge almost looks like an SS Nazi mark? Maybe it's just me. And as much as Leno bullshitted that piece, I love that he mentioned Toyota didn't make anything he wanted to drive, though they were reliable and good for basic transportation. Lolz.

Take that nonsense to a track, if its on one with turns I feel you would be disappointed. For the same reason people are shocked to see a 150gross hp s30 whoop on 300 net hp z32's or other much more powerful and heavier forced induction rwd/awd cars at autox and track events.

Depends on where you meet it. Through the corners might surprise you. It has very good reviews for handling. Besides, look at the 240sx when it first came out. It had less hp and weighed about the same. Yet people mod those and made them faster. Just sayin'

Thats the puzzling part. Why Nissan chose to ignore that and not only never release the Silvia here but flat out discontinue it. I blame the french, shit started going pear shaped there after Renault got involved.

yeah the svx is a badass datto-lac lol (six620)

own both s30 and zxtt and win lol (mmmm 300zxtt)

yeah 90-96 z32 as just as cool ! The styling of both were def ahead of their time. Sleek.... !

sounds like you have a better feel for suby-6 cylinder knowledge. I've never worked on one lol. If that is a mild setup than def good base.

But the slug 1.8 / 2.2 / and 2.5 I have. The 1.8 liter bulletproof (until hg pops lol ) little engine. But riding a donkey pulling a wagon of pumpkins is faster lol. I miss my old 2.2 wagon and sedan. When those autos took a shit = $1600-1700 rebuild-ish valve body was ok lol (years ago) ....and everyone needed one lol .... . Only Auto trans rigs I've owned.