Dats''nuts'' project

been a while ...work is keeping me busy like hell... but here's more progress ...

cutting the other side.

20120826_135054.jpg

more cutting

20120826_135042.jpg

test fit for the passenger side

20120826_160020.jpg

20120826_160031.jpg

front part: notice near the firewall , I will make the other side the same way I think it's gonna be better

20120826_171513.jpg

20120826_171527.jpg

got my wheels from coolerow too!

a nice set of enkei 92! they will be restored and polished during winter

20120823_132617.jpg

20120823_132635.jpg

and here is my living room ahah

20120826_233410.jpg

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahah well ... shop space is my father's garage (even tho I dont live with my parents anymore im really lucky to have this space)

he didn't use to let me monopolize his garage like that before but his first car used to be a datsun so there is a bit of nostalgia in that... About the tools , I bought the welder for this project ,and I already have a lot of hand tools , but there is a lath and other really really useful machinery in this place :)

my last build was a toyota echo ...

here is the result:

IMG_20120402_225244.jpg

I made all the pulleys myself , the stacks too . It pulled 173whp@12500rpm ... but the rods were to weak for that rpm ..

didn't had the $$$ to rebuild it so I sold the car and bought my datsun for cheaper

a bit of work ...

started buffing the old paint to bare metal to be able to work easily on it

20120905_210957.jpg

and a bit on the top... it has already been changed (I mean the whole top...) but the work has been done fast...i'll try to make it look better before painting to avoid putting 4gl of plastic on it...

20120905_211007.jpg

ahah well ... shop space is my father's garage (even tho I dont live with my parents anymore im really lucky to have this space)

he didn't use to let me monopolize his garage like that before but his first car used to be a datsun so there is a bit of nostalgia in that... About the tools , I bought the welder for this project ,and I already have a lot of hand tools , but there is a lath and other really really useful machinery in this place :)

my last build was a toyota echo ...

here is the result:

IMG_20120402_225244.jpg

I made all the pulleys myself , the stacks too . It pulled 173whp@12500rpm ... but the rods were to weak for that rpm ..

didn't had the $$$ to rebuild it so I sold the car and bought my datsun for cheaper

If your datsun motor is anything like this you=Win

Is that an L16 with flat top pistons sitting there? Maybe an SSS L16 engine or was that the race engine from the car? It may be worth putting it back together, if it's anything like my new "Grenade" engine. :thumbup:

Its a L20b with flat top pistons :) , im in the reading for the engine , I have a couple heads laying around too . So we'll see how it's gonna end hehe

If your datsun motor is anything like this you=Win

might look somehow like that except I wont convert to FI (for now at least lol) I'm thinking about some webers or Mikuni's.

about the E-brake ,I seriously dont know lol ,I tought it was the original one :geek:

What kind of vehicle is that floor mount e-brake out of?? I like how it pulls a cable in a sheath like the stock 510 cable. No need to pass a bare cable past the driveshaft.

found !!

this is the same handle I have in my car

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EMERGENCY-PARKING-BRAKE-HANDLE-LEVER-1976-76-DATSUN-B210-B-210-/400248158416?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d30a638d0&vxp=mtr