Tangents 68 521

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesnt have the disc brakes on it! or the new bushings bearings linkage and stuff..

Okay good point :D Those would be easy to swap over though :D keep the blue on a driver... Okay okay do it your way :)

Did the truck not have a valence when you bought it?

Anyway...there's more you can check/do with a timing light, but that will get you in the ball park without any gauges.

On Dave's, we got rid of a good bit of bog by taking some washers out if his vac adv on the dizzy(can't do it with all types). His vac adv wasn't kicking in until almost 16" of vac. I think it kicked in around 12 when we finished.

I have a light, a digital one, but that doesnt mean I know how to use it... My buddy came over today and he put the light on it and we got it alot closer.. Im convinced that ive got a vacume leak, maybee on the manifold somewhere, got to get some more carb cleaner..

Not sure if i need to get it running perfect before I yank it though.

Not sure if i need to get it running perfect before I yank it though.

Yeah you do!! tame that L series :D Then you can drop it into the 510 you get sometime soon :D If you stick with datto's you will always run into L's wether you like them or not. Thats why I read the L stuff. I don't like them but I have to deal with them due to my love of datsuns. Well and I hang out with Hainz.

Yeah you do!! tame that L series :D Then you can drop it into the 510 you get sometime soon :D If you stick with datto's you will always run into L's wether you like them or not. Thats why I read the L stuff. I don't like them but I have to deal with them due to my love of datsuns. Well and I hang out with Hainz.

Well said:D

Well said:D

Well..... said anyways :D I suck at getting the ideas from my head onto the computer... That plus I hate prof reading :D haha

Did you notice the 2 68 projects near the top? weird huh?

You sure that wasn't a mark from the rubber boot rubbing on the back of the disc??

The Hitachi is even easier to adj than the weber...less finicky.

Make sure you use the straw when you spray the carb cleaner....if you spray without it, the vapors/overspray will find the air flow through the throat of the carb and rev the eng up.....and you'll have trouble finding the actual leak.....if you have one.

You sure that wasn't a mark from the rubber boot rubbing on the back of the disc??

what you see in that last picture is acutally an optical illusion.. the dust cover is not rubbing..

Yep, the pictures might not show it well, but the pads are only making contact a portion of the rotor.. outside of the rotor on the outside of the car, inside of the rotor on the inside of the car.. Finelines Brackets are wonderfull.. I have no complaints, its just they arent to the millimeter, all brakes have to seat, and you can tell the pads are touching more and more surface area of the rotor as I drive it.. Its only been driven maybee 5 miles since I put them on and it will take alot more than that..

ok I think part of the problem, besides the bottom section of the carb being loose was the fact that the IDLE CONTROL VALVE wire was loose.. this has happened before but I missed it..

It will not run unless its choked up.. the mixture screw doesnt seem to make much of a diffrence wherever I put it.. I sprayed the whole manifold and carb with cleaner looking for vacume leaks and havnt found any..

the fuel is just above the etched line on the sight glass..

Does the fuel need to be lower.. should I adjust the float again??

carbies001.jpg

the choke must be mostly closed for the engine to run..

carbies003.jpg

It runs as well as it used to but Im sure it could run better..

I have this manifold and carb.. off of an L16 I believe.

carbies005.jpg

Yeah the box with the blue and black wires was fucking me over once!! It was hitting the throttle linkage and messing everything up.... It somehow looks different on yours though....

I'm glad to hear you got it figure out... I had that happen to me and Jessie on the "blue wagon" I don't know why I didn't think of it :D

I didn't know you where a smoker... I used to be :(

2eDeYe;12250'']Have you tested the idle control valve to make sure it works?

yeah it works.. but ill swap the extra one i have and clean it out to see if there is a change

I didn't know you where a smoker... I used to be :(

well I tried to quit last week, got real grumpy after 2 days and caved.. but I dont Drink or do Dope anymore, so the ciggarettes might have one this battle, but I am winning The War!!

well I tried to quit last week, got real grumpy after 2 days and caved.. but I dont Drink or do Dope anymore, so the ciggarettes might have one this battle, but I am winning The War!!

Thats what I used to say to, I still have one every once in a while just so people don't say I'm straight edge :D Get a pack of gum, the only negative with gum is your jaw gets tired :D haha I used the patch, works like a champ, give it a shot. They make you feel really fucked up the first day you use them :D Sorry we should get back to datto talk I want a siggy :D

Tangent: well I tried to quit last week, got real grumpy after 2 days and caved.. but I dont Drink or do Dope anymore, so the ciggarettes might have one this battle, but I am winning The War!!

It's an adiction and grumpiness is just it's way of trying to to get the better of you. Don't give up trying, You can do it!!

• 3 weeks later...

Replaced the 3 inch blocks with 4 inch pinion angle correction blocks..

like the new stance..

Those wheels still look huge...

cant imagine if I would have left them chrome..

should have gone with a lower profile tire :mad:

newstance009.jpg

newstance010.jpg

newstance012.jpg

newstance013.jpg

newstance014.jpg

tangent did you have any trouble fitting the passport rotors over your front spindles? or have to use a washer between spindle and rotor to stop rubbage? i had 2 lube it up! and put a thin washer on each stud behind the rotor .. im almost done, i had to cut some of the old lines and reflare them .. all i have to do is get a new brake line for the caliper cause every time u press the pedal down it pukes from the location it bolts to on the caliper.. i dunno WTF thats about.. but after i replace that i just have to bleed them and it should be good to go

newstance010.jpg

The rear driver's side flex line could be replaced with a shorter hard line to keep iit up and free from snagging on anything. Those rear calipers... are they from the front of something? Do the rears lock first on panic stops?

Its looking good, I think another .5 to 1 inch in the front would be perfect :) how many miles are on it now? How goes the swap?

Yep I agree, the front need to come down just a little, the torsion bars are all the way down I think.. might be able to get a few more threads, but thats it, as far as reindexing, Ive been very Datsun lazy lately.. Not driving it because my carbs are shit and not willing to plunk down $200 for a carb thats going to get pulled anyway.. so I havnt put any miles on the brakes. Most of my time has gone into my obsession with my Xbox Forza 2 game.. I havnt even read posts in like a week.. Ive got a couple grand set aside for the engine, but Its probably not going to happen till next spring as I have to settle with the Tax Man this fall..

tangent did you have any trouble fitting the passport rotors over your front spindles? or have to use a washer between spindle and rotor to stop rubbage? i had 2 lube it up! and put a thin washer on each stud behind the rotor .. im almost done, i had to cut some of the old lines and reflare them .. all i have to do is get a new brake line for the caliper cause every time u press the pedal down it pukes from the location it bolts to on the caliper.. i dunno WTF thats about.. but after i replace that i just have to bleed them and it should be good to go

no I used 300zx rotors in front and the went on just fine.. as far as the leaky hose, I used new lines everywhere..

Did you use new crush washers on the flex lines??

The rear driver's side flex line could be replaced with a shorter hard line to keep iit up and free from snagging on anything. Those rear calipers... are they from the front of something? Do the rears lock first on panic stops?

They are Isuzu Trooper rears, they even have E-brakes.

As far as them locking up,

No

Ive got a Willwood Portioning Valve.