SOAK 2012

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

You know i have been just dying to wear the tights and pointy green elf shoes i bought for myself last year. . :thumbup:

umm you know the rules...

pics :rofl:

Yeah, that's all well and good, but homie don't play that, yo. :D I saw enough hippies when we stopped to get gas while leaving Oregon. They were being hassled by the cops. Probably for good reason. ;)

Oh yeah, and like burning man, your name gets put on a government watch list when attending a lot of those festivals. Just so you know.

had the Society for Creative anacronysm up here this past weekend... thought about walking through in a Stormtrooper suit just to fuck with their heads.

I dunnow, Merlin. When I think of you I see Vikings. Merlin the Red.

Yeah, that's all well and good, but homie don't play that, yo. :D I saw enough hippies when we stopped to get gas while leaving Oregon. They were being hassled by the cops. Probably for good reason. ;)

Oh yeah, and like burning man, your name gets put on a government watch list when attending a lot of those festivals. Just so you know.

Pay in cash, use on line names and wear tin foil hats..

where is it? and when..

Typically some time in June. 2012 was here just this last weekend in Tidewater Oregon. A week or two after Burning Man there will be a decompression party in Portland which will give you a good sample of the kind of people of the community. Hippy jokes aside, a lot of these people are just the type of creative and capable bastards that are also found in the Ratsun community.

The dude design and plasma CNC'd this dragon, the torches in the background, and the flame cannon that is not in the picture.

394644_4270834453348_480394568_n.jpg

This installation was created by another team of guys. Somewhere there is video of it. It uses an XBOX Kinect sensor and custom software to analyze the movement of a person and trigger the propane valves in different orders and patterns in response.

548646_4270885854633_1816682081_n.jpg

Hippies don't do this level of awesome.

I don't think they really bother anymore; Facebook gives them all the data collection they could possible ever use. And hell, anyone with any sort of "non-conformist" activity is on some sort of list. Most of Ratsun is probably being watched since we refuse to buy "green" cars.

Burning man people? Glad they have fun, but don't want to hang out with people that screwed up the original meaning of what burning man was.

I'm always curious what people think Burning Man was "originally" supposed to be. It's always been an evolving community.

ive been to burning man and it is beautiful.... for like minded creatures ....im there for the decompression and

page 924 insom.

Burning man started some decades ago in san fransicso, when 4 buddies were all going through some divorces and they got together and burned all their memories of the hellish life they had with their wives, on the ocean beach and from ther on every year they went back and did simalir burns, and it grew from there, this year there were 56,000 people attending and i was one, it was my first burn and was the greatest experiance of my young life, you pack out what you pack in, its in the middle of the high desert in NV, and is fenced off in a 6 mile radius volinteers stay a month after the week it happens to clean up everything possiable, i will say evryone should go once in their life, im not into drugs, i dont even smoke pot, but believe me you dont need anything to get high its natural the people the art the music the bars evrything is in its own world and you can very much so be a traveller of time if you so choose!! ^_~

ive been to burning man and it is beautiful.... for like minded creatures ....im there for the decompression and

page 924 insom.

Burning man started some decades ago in san fransicso, when 4 buddies were all going through some divorces and they got together and burned all their memories of the hellish life they had with their wives, on the ocean beach and from ther on every year they went back and did simalir burns, and it grew from there, this year there were 56,000 people attending and i was one, it was my first burn and was the greatest experiance of my young life, you pack out what you pack in, its in the middle of the high desert in NV, and is fenced off in a 6 mile radius volinteers stay a month after the week it happens to clean up everything possiable, i will say evryone should go once in their life, im not into drugs, i dont even smoke pot, but believe me you dont need anything to get high its natural the people the art the music the bars evrything is in its own world and you can very much so be a traveller of time if you so choose!! ^_~

Ahh. At the heart of Burning Man as it has become is the assorted temples. You leave some, or several somes, sort piece of your life that you want to burn away on them, and they are torched before the end of the week. Thank you for that.

And yes, the Decompression is a good time with assorted shenanigans, and if nothing else, it's something that can easily be left if it ends up not being your deal.

OH MY GOD! I JUST THOUGHT OF THE BEST CANBY 2013 IDEA EVER!!!

Design and build a catapult at Canby. Build, launch, awesome!!!!! :D

Yet another reason Ratsun may not be "invited" back "next year". :D

Ahh. At the heart of Burning Man as it has become is the assorted temples. You leave some, or several somes, sort piece of your life that you want to burn away on them, and they are torched before the end of the week. Thank you for that.

And yes, the Decompression is a good time with assorted shenanigans, and if nothing else, it's something that can easily be left if it ends up not being your deal.

OH MY GOD! I JUST THOUGHT OF THE BEST CANBY 2013 IDEA EVER!!!

Design and build a catapult at Canby. Build, launch, awesome!!!!! :D

Yet another reason Ratsun may not be "invited" back "next year". :D

Yet another reason there needs to be a true Ratsun meet...preferably someplace loud shenanigans won't bother anyone. :w00t:

I don`t remember being " invited " . But just my little traveling freak show paid $110 . bucks worth of camping fees and 2 days worth of corral fees. Sooooooooo im thinking that having to go out and yell at us at 1:30 in the morning ,,,,once,, is a small price for them to have to pay..

I enjoy Canby and the way Datsuns Northwest runs it could not be better for me and my ....kids. I think i have plenty of time to get so drunk i shit my pants while getting a " tribal " hentai tattoo or face painted after taking ecstasy while wearing my purple hipster Santa suit, at a later ,,or earlier,, date.

• Like 1
Guest 510kamikazifreak

I don`t remember being " invited " . But just my little traveling freak show paid $110 . bucks worth of camping fees and 2 days worth of corral fees. Sooooooooo im thinking that having to go out and yell at us at 1:30 in the morning ,,,,once,, is a small price for them to have to pay..

I enjoy Canby and the way Datsuns Northwest runs it could not be better for me and my ....kids. I think i have plenty of time to get so drunk i shit my pants while getting a " tribal " hentai tattoo or face painted after taking ecstasy while wearing my purple hipster Santa suit, at a later ,,or earlier,, date.