My new baby!!!!

sethris

hey guys new to the site, and glad i found it! i just got a 72 620 project, and its gonna be awesome! its been sitting for several years with a bad trans, and now its gonna need some rust repair and some bondo reworking, but not too much. everything has been shaved, chopped and i think a little lowered. i think it has the l16 still, and it runs good. probably going to do a buick 231 swap or something similiar, not sure yet. the inside is decent, but needs a custom touch. well anyways im excited to get this! i have lots of questions, so im sure everyone will be tired of hearing me in no time!!:)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool a '72.5 620. First year of production I believe. I didn't even know they came w/ a l16! Makes sense as I am sure there was some left over stuff at the factory from the 521 production run.

Look forward to those pics!

Woah dude, I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that! Hat damn that is cool. A truck like that demands more than a L16! It looks like it is going 100 just sitting there!

thanks guys! ive had tons of classic cars and z cars, but this one is definatly the one that is makin me crazy! all the glass and weatherstripping is bad, but my dad owns a glass company, and im getting some safety glass next week. im going to cut the side and back glass out of a sheet, and hopefully i can find a windsheild at the junkyard to cut down. ill keep some photos going!

Welcome to Ratsun...Cool truck, I am a sucker for the chop tops. I have a chopped 620 and Chevy Luv....Where are you located? Keep us all posted on the restore....I likw the way yours is chopped, it is sectioned. Where mines in bent at the post giving it a more window rake...still like it....

chop2.jpg

72luv005-1.jpg

wow you guys have some sweet rides too! thats a sick chopped ext cab too. looks like titan wheels on your ride j2. sweet! i cant wait to be driving this baby!

hmm, now the wheels are turning in my head, extra cab im cutting the floor out of to put in my 79....cut roof off with my saws all, section and but back together.....too bad my 79 is my dd :fu:. I need to find a new dd so i can have some fun :lol: oh and that is one sweet looking truck ya got. My only concern is gonna be the cost of a new windshield, any Ideas? How much was taken out of your roof?

welcome home, nice ride , ask all the questions u want, after cking the previous threads for same questions..but seriously, welcome home..:D

glad to be here! turns out that i have the short 4 speed. so my 76 z car trans wont work. i have a u pull it yard i go to, that has several z's so next sat im going to go and see if i can find something. as for the glass, im going to try to find a used one, and see if i can cut it down. i dont think it will be too bad unless the shape of the opening was changed when the chop was done. im going to try to do a custom dash too. ill keep posted!

The tranny will work but you'll need to get a longtail driveshaft. You really only need the front sectin that plugs into the tranny. It's a fairly easy conversion all bolt in. Do a little searching for the details ;)

Guest DatsuNoob

Welcome! I've always wondered how a guy can fit in one of those. I like it and I think it looks good, dont get me wrong, but I'm 6' and own a 76 std cab and my head is constantly on the headliner. Do you just drop the seats to the floor and call it good enough? Do you have any head clearance? Always been curious about that.