Chevy II = 510's Big Brother

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the Nova has nothing on this Patrol. ;)

Okay, there, I've made this thread look like insomniacs now. Probably where this should have been in the first place. Just sayin'. :D

Damn, there were some sandy 'ginas at the start here! :) I'd say similar in the idea of a no-frills sedan with fairly boxy styling that can be pushed to the limits with excellent results, while still looking great. Direct comparison, a shoebox Nova is a much bigger car. But I'd still drive it. Especially a 6 second Nova.

Here's a Datsun that is almost that fast that did more with less. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sukNUm7oEd4

Damn impressive Nissans for sure, but they are race cars, no? That Nova is completely street legal and in fact, to compete in that shootout Larson had to drive it to five tracks in five states covering 1200 miles. There are plenty of cars out there faster than that Nova, just none you can fire up and drive cross country in.

That said, I wonder how far off those Nissans are from being able to do that. I'm guessing not too terribly much.

And the Nova has nothing on this Patrol. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbD_ZCUnyVU

Okay, there, I've made this thread look like insomniacs now. Probably where this should have been in the first place. Just sayin'. :D

Holy Hell! Damn fine bit of driving by the pilot too.

Do you love your Hardbody as much as I do mine? Best freakin' truck I've ever owned and I've had some good ones.

I do enjoy my hardbody. Unfortunately it's also been the recipient of the most time and effort of any hardbody I've ever owned. :) Motor swaps, rebuilding the drivetrain. Still have to do the trans/transfer case, but I'll get to that eventually.

Guest kamakazi620

Or "I'd better reword the title because of all the sandy vags" thread.

I'm a "stupid noob" because I pointed out that I have an appreciation for both cars and think they are similar? Ummmmm, okay. I'm not saying the Chevy II is a better car, I just happen to think of them as a bigger version of the 510, that's all.

Nice opinion,Glad i have a sandy vag. Your opinion Smells like you,an Asshole. Chevy II will Always be a better car than a 510,+ GM made it almost 10 years before nissan made the 510.

Nice opinion,Glad i have a sandy vag. Your opinion Smells like you,an Asshole. Chevy II will Always be a better car than a 510,+ GM made it almost 10 years before nissan made the 510.

Well, 6 years, but who's counting? So now I'm an asshole because I like 510s and Chevy IIs? Gotcha. Makes perfect sense.

Well, Hot Rod refered to the 510 as the 55 Chevy of Japan back when they did some articles on Pete Brock's cars.

Fuck, I like'em both. A cool car is a cool car.

Now that's an interesting comparison. I like 55s too...Bob Falfa style. Like you said, a cool car is a cool car.

I like some kind of car from every decade and just about every manufacturer Alfas to Zondas and buggies to rock crawlers. If I had the money my collection would be a lot like Lenos with every kind of car you can think of.

A-freakin'-men. I could never have enough money or space, especially if you count all vehicles in general: bikes, tractors, planes...

Speaking of Alfas, here's a pic from '04 of my buddy at Road Atlanta right after he passed one in his 510.

smith510vsalfa222.jpg

Well, 6 years, but who's counting? So now I'm an asshole because I like 510s and Chevy IIs? Gotcha. Makes perfect sense.

Now that's an interesting comparison. I like 55s too...Bob Falfa style. Like you said, a cool car is a cool car.

I like the mid 60's Chevy IIs as well. My buddy Garth had one back in the early 70s. He called it his Chevy Twice...one of his Garth-isms. He called my '65 Pontiac a '65 Pawnticket. Back in the day I owned a '55 and later a '57. So yeah I like the Chevys but I like Datsuns more.

Welded diff?

As far as Chevy II is 510 older brother, well Datsun owners are brand loyal just like Chevy owners. They don't like being compared to a different maker, specially one of the big 3. True, both are kind of boxy but you would have to ask a Ford owner who's impartial if they are similar. I'm too biased.

As far as Chevy II is 510 older brother... True, both are kind of boxy

So is a dump truck. I stand by my original statement. Not similar. Can this thing be put to bed yet? I'd almost rather talk about the very recent and innovative concept of the AWD Z.

So is a dump truck. I stand by my original statement. Not similar. Can this thing be put to bed yet? I'd almost rather talk about the very recent and innovative concept of the AWD Z.

Yeah, but dump trucks aren't light and they don't make great racers.

I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down man. I've seen quite a few Chevys with that problem. :thumbup:

Especially Nova ll `s they have a real poorly designed front steering .. My guess is the Nova in the video has a mustang II front end in it.

Chevys suck.......no exceptions

I like some kind of car from every decade and just about every manufacturer Alfas to Zondas and buggies to rock crawlers. If I had the money my collection would be a lot like Lenos with every kind of car you can think of.

yep. datsuns to duesenbergs, falcons to ferraris, impalas to opels - i like cars.

• Like 1

yep. datsuns to duesenbergs, falcons to ferraris, impalas to opels - i like cars.

Yessir. I used to be one of those brand loyal guys until I woke up one day and thought, "You know, I don't owe THOSE guys a damn thing." Besides, there are WAY too many cool cars and trucks out there to only enjoy the same 10 over and over and over and over again.

Just my $.10. TIFWIW, that and $2 will get you a cup of coffee.