This blows!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a 6-71 blower. This is gigantic maybe 2 1/2 feet long, bigger than my L20B.

its an 8-71 they were on the 8cyl diesels, i used to play with those in the navy:D

Cant find the vid on youtube. but a guy already put it on an old 60s camaro and almost blew the engine up hahaha

Prolly came off a train.

This one?

camaro1hn0.jpg

The guy said he turned it on and tapped the gas. The front wheels came up about an inch and blew both head gaskets. Supposedly it is a super charger from a train/boat engine. EMD 710 people were saying.

Pressure would depend on the rotor clearances and seals, probably same as the small ones, but the volume would be huge! Doubt if it could be spun too high with that size and weight. Doesn't datsunaholic work on or with big marine motors? Or is it turbos?

That red Camaro was insanely trying to pump about 8 times the volume of air into that motor. What was he thinking?

Pressure would depend on the rotor clearances and seals, probably same as the small ones, but the volume would be huge! Doubt if it could be spun too high with that size and weight. Doesn't datsunaholic work on or with big marine motors? Or is it turbos?

That red Camaro was insanely trying to pump about 8 times the volume of air into that motor. What was he thinking?

haha, prob watching too much home improvement

Tim-Allen.jpg

That's a hella lot bigger than any 8-71 I've ever heard of.

I vote big-ass diesel motor 'charger :)

Be amusing to see what kinda pressure you'd build on even a BBC with that.

8-71's were/are big GM Detroit diesel's, Im not talking about the blower, the term 6-71 blower comes from it being used on a 6-71 detroit diesel engine (which were 6 cyl, 8-71 was an 8 cyl, 12-71 is a 12 cyl) It could also be a 12-71 detroit diesel...those are big mofos and can haul some ass the 8-71 to 12-71 were "V" configured with the blowers on top, the 2-71 to 6-71 were all inline with the blowers on the side

I USED to work on marine diesels. But 6-71s were the biggest I worked on. That's a lot bigger than a 6-71 blower, and bigger than an 8V-71 blower.

Whatever it came off of, it wasn't removed with any care. The front case is broken, and the remains of what it was bolted to are evident- I think it's upside-down, so that would be the intake plenum.

I USED to work on marine diesels. But 6-71s were the biggest I worked on. That's a lot bigger than a 6-71 blower, and bigger than an 8V-71 blower.

Whatever it came off of, it wasn't removed with any care. The front case is broken, and the remains of what it was bolted to are evident- I think it's upside-down, so that would be the intake plenum.

Do you still work at the museum?

prolly a wreck.