blank.

RedBanner

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Zerow rocks the auto, too. For many reasons, but, like MicroMachinery said, it keeps you respectable. I still suggest the L4N71B...respect with a hot rod flavor. ;)

This is something I've wanted to do, but I'm trying to see if I can convert it to column shift. If so, I'll make the swap.

• Like 1

This is something I've wanted to do, but I'm trying to see if I can convert it to column shift. If so, I'll make the swap.

Why not? As I can figure it, you will need a modified linkage rod. My next project is going have column shift...(uh oh...I said too much...)

Why not? As I can figure it, you will need a modified linkage rod. My next project is going have column shift...(uh oh...I said too much...)

Well yes, I will need to modify the linkage. I just want to see if I can personally make the changes to run it. If I can, then Ill swap one in. 

Well yes, I will need to modify the linkage. I just want to see if I can personally make the changes to run it. If I can, then Ill swap one in. 

Other than the obvious, I have not attempted the swap into a car with intended column shift.

You have the appropriate column?

Other than the obvious, I have not attempted the swap into a car with intended column shift.

You have the appropriate column?

Possibly. I have both a JATCO and a BW column shift assembly. I havent looked at the L4N71B to see which side the gear selector is on... depending on which side its on, will determine which assembly I try to modify since they are opposites. 

Possibly. I have both a JATCO and a BW column shift assembly. I havent looked at the L4N71B to see which side the gear selector is on... depending on which side its on, will determine which assembly I try to modify since they are opposites. 

You will want the Jatco. The L4N71B is Jatco, and the 3N71B and L4N71B have the gear selector assembly on the passenger side of the transmission.

Got 3 inch blocks, a assembled an extra set of rear leafs, cant really put em in untill I can gram my new wheels. Dont have pics of em but there awsome. My take some time get the wheels home. But ill have it ready when they do. I can do the front struts, and leave em high. But the rear I will have to wait but I got the blocks and bolts woo hoo. Then dearch the spring pack to as low as the wheels will allow.

Ive got way more performance goodies for my 2 door. But I plan on takin the purplebird to canby this year.

So I just gotta say, never really cared for really slammed vehicle's. But last year at canby 2012, after seeing niels 620, I need to slamm one. And my four door seems to be a better candidate than I could have ever imagined.

• 2 weeks later...

So building this 4 door for canby is how im going to inconvenience the least amount of my friends,, so its settled.

And thanks to nanaham I have a count down clock, that im looking at like "oh shit"..... bob3 would smack me across the face if he knew how nervous I was about my build time lololol lol

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130608T08&p0=202&msg=Driving+Datsun+Canby+Fun

• 3 weeks later...