Bosozoku-Bippu-Kyusha-Shakotan-Zokusha Car Picture thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres the real truth.

M series engines all have soft heads, that might be why toyota wrote the spec to 58 ft lb. there are people that have went 160k on factory head torque.

If you torque them to 75-85, they can still have the issue sometimes, far less frequent though. and all M series have rod knock issues due mostly to startup oiling issues

This is why the allmighty JZ series engine is "the greatest engine evar" why? cause Jesse said so.....

problem is, JZ are only a very marginal improvement to the M, basically, they fixed the oiling issues, lmao. Heads remain soft on the JZ. Honestly, Toyota never did quite perfect the I-6

Well, there was that one time, with that one car, but that was the 60's 

Yamaha does do amazing head work though. ( the JZ  and M series heads)

simply for posterity.

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/2011/10/11/bosozoku-toyota-2000gt-answers-the-question-no-one-asked/

Right with you there ^  Could never understand why Toyota could build something as indestructable as the R series engine and then not figure out how to add two more cylinders to it.  The JZ is the same as the M series, rock solid bottom end, questionable top end.  One of the other main issues with the M series heads is the cooling passages at the rear of the head.  They really need to be larger with more flow volume.  Most BHGs are at the rear of the head with a properly torqued HG.

To get this back on topic...

bosozoku-style-wallpaper-black-sharknose

popular-bosozoku-cars-soarer-1_zpscf6139

• Like 1

Congrats!  Plans for the cressi?

Moar loar

Rising sun hood

Tire stretch

Done

Moar loar

Rising sun hood

Tire stretch

Gloat like a fanboi

Cry when no one cares about Toyotas here

Done

actually the plan is to fix the bhg... and drive it. ill be lowering it and doing wheels at some point but i dont have that planned out yet, i just need a daily and it was a killer deall for a car with a great interior and nothing ever modded on it.

hey tristin... bite me. i think ill go start a build thread for it in project datto now......

• Like 3

hey tristin... bite me. i think ill go start a build thread for it in project datto now......

make it 200 pages long about what you might want to do it and moar pics of said cressi

• Like 1