Datsun Bug Design Contest!!!! w/ prizes. Deadline May 15th

OK people, we've all been bitten by it. But has anyone actually seen it? I vote we start a contest to see who can identify the little bugger. A lot of us have some decent graphic design skills, I for one would like to see an oic of what bit me :D I am offering free custom vinyl work of your choosing (within reason ;) ) to whoever comes up w/ the best "Datsun Bug" design. All legitimate contestants will recieve a pair of rat 'n wrenches decals, complimentary of Vector Vinyl Inc. (while supplies last (and they will), color choice priority will be awarded in order of design entry time stamp.) You have until May 15th to submit an entry for judging.

******* Please submit ONLY original art made by you. Refrain from simply editing an existing image made by another person :) *********

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

datsunbugrough.jpg

the datsun bug : lives under the seats and near the hood releases of old datsuns. bites the unsuspecting victim when they either sit in the drivers seat or open the hood symptoms include irrational love for old japanese cars spending ludicrous amounts of money on rare parts for cars unaffected people believe belong in the junk yard possible loss of spouse and or social life may occur if unresolved this parasite will move from the car to the hosts wallet where it will eat any kind of money within

• Like 1

datsunbugrough.jpg

the datsun bug : lives under the seats and near the hood releases of old datsuns. bites the unsuspecting victim when they either sit in the drivers seat or open the hood symptoms include irrational love for old japanese cars spending ludicrous amounts of money on rare parts for cars unaffected people believe belong in the junk yard possible loss of spouse and or social life may occur if unresolved this parasite will move from the car to the hosts wallet where it will eat any kind of money within

Obviously one of the symptoms isn't proper grammar... that last sentence is ginormous. :poke:

Obviously one of the symptoms isn't proper grammar... that last sentence is ginormous. :poke:

Run on sentences are definitely symptomatic of the datsun bug though.

Maybe Bonvo bit by his own creation?

How is that even a question?

We all got it.

Quarantine.

Well done Bonvo. I love the scientific explaination too. If we don't get some damn participation, you're gonna have an easy win :D

I think I'm gonna get a tatoo. A bite mark on my upper forearm, and a snickering Datsun bug hiding just above the shirt line on bicep. Well hopefully someone comes along and gives Bonvo some competition. I thought more people would be interested...

i can see that only reason i did mine so fast is i a wanted to get my basic idea out there so we didnt end up with 2 similar designs and i was really bored im still working on it tweeking it here and there but you get the basic idea im going for

Of course... Obviously these dont need to be completed designs ready for printing right away. Im just in the middle of three website builds, one web-store creation (including manual inventory input), two blog articles, I have to finish up my admissions paperwork for school, and I work every day this week. Im a busy guy.

Heck, I'll try.

What're the parameters of this drawing? Like its gotta be "this" size or have "this" style content...

Is this going to be for a tattoo?

No parameters except design the most bad-ass Datsun bug, and then bask in the glory of victory.

Thank you to all of you who have stepped up to this challenge. Take your time, and let's see some skills :D All official contestants who submit a legitimate entry will recieve a pair of rat 'n wrenches decals, your choice of color!!!! While supplies last. Color choice priority is awarded to contestants in order of design submission time stamp :D

Of course... Obviously these dont need to be completed designs ready for printing right away. Im just in the middle of three website builds, one web-store creation (including manual inventory input), two blog articles, I have to finish up my admissions paperwork for school, and I work every day this week. Im a busy guy.

I know you mentioned how busy you are, but I need a web page set up for my vinyl corporation. Keep me in mind if you end up w/ some spare time :D Perhaps send me a PM outlining your fees.

You have until May 15th to submit an entry for judging.

this thread will auto-lock (ya we can do that now, kinda neat actually) on 11:59 May 15th on the dot

does that make it official enough? lol

• Like 1

this thread will auto-lock (ya we can do that now, kinda neat actually) on 11:59 May 15th on the dot

does that make it official enough? lol

You rock Skib :D thank you. Ok, so the reason I cut it off when I did: we can get the entries judged, and get the vinyl prize sent out in time for you to wear it at Canby :D I can't wait to see what you guys come up with, and I think the winner's design may end up tattooed on me, cuz I want a tat of a Datsun bug, just don't know what one looks like. Sneaky little devils, one bit me back in 2009.