Politics & Ratsun

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I would rather not talk about that on here either. However, I feel that if someone really feels the need to post on a topic they can. Just don't respond to it if you really don't want to and the thread will die. Sometimes you just need to get something out.

I have nothing against political discussions or any "volatile" topics, but if I feel that I'm uncomfortable dealing with a particular subject then I'll ignore the thread. Debates are a great thing, but problems occur when people make assumptions about others based on one or two posts. Sometimes things get blown out of proportion... Some people prefer cars over trucks, some people like old-school versus new-school, and some people drive a blue car rather than a red one. It's just the way things are.

Not to be a dick but,five n dime,you complain a lot.If I am not interested in a particular thread I dont read it.Dont take it the wrong way.I just dont see the point in giving a shit about how much,what topic and "did you try the search".I have seen far more ridiculous mindless threads than politics.:)I know I will get an ass chewin for this but I do not care.:)

I see both points, personally, I wouldn't discuss politics here unless it was about our cars, and their preservation. I just don't feel this is an appropriate venue for me.

BUT :D , This place is full of people who have various opinions(bedhooks, anyone?)and they all have a right to say what they think. Being so eclectic, I just expect there are some threads I will read the first post and not go any further.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

attributed to Voltair by Evelyn Beatrice Hall in 1906

General Discussion

Talk about anything.

Well that covers a lot. Has dwnshifter found this spot??? :lol:

I don't mind a good discussion. An exchange of views. Another way to look at things. As long as there's no name calling. Humor rather than ridicule. If there's a program on TV that I don't like I don't complain... I just don't watch it.

Not to be a dick but,five n dime,you complain a lot.If I am not interested in a particular thread I dont read it.Dont take it the wrong way.I just dont see the point in giving a shit about how much,what topic and "did you try the search".I have seen far more ridiculous mindless threads than politics.:)I know I will get an ass chewin for this but I do not care.:)

Naa, I could give you an ass chewing but you missed my point my friend. I just don't feel like this is the place for political debates and I was just wondering if anyone felt the same....it is General Discussion you know. I give a shit cause most don't....someone has to be the asshole around here:fu: Or at least speak whats on there mind. I don't really care if I piss people off. Besides, I like the ridiculous threads, humorous threads and even the debatable threads. I just hate getting into politics cause some might start looking at people in a different light......and if you didn't give a shit you wouldn't have posted:lol::lol: but its all good.

PS...I like spotted owls....There feathers make good lures for fly fishing....hahaha

This stuff kills me.Really.Here's a reality check-SOME political topics are going to be either directly related to our cars or in-directly.Some-not at all.

Here's a novel idea-if you don't like the topic,don't open it and STFU.Plenty of other topics on the board.:mellow:

If you don't like the topic and feel compelled to post anyways,please seek medical help first as you feel you have a right to tell others what to talk about even though it doesn't effect you.This medical condition takes root in childhood.It stems from smothering & not being able to think for yourself.Either that or you were raised in 'Frisco.:lol:

Here's a novel idea-if you don't like the topic,don't open it and STFU.Plenty of other topics on the board.:mellow:

I can only hope you take your own advice

If you don't like the topic and feel compelled to post anyways,please seek medical help first as you feel you have a right to tell others what to talk about even though it doesn't effect you.This medical condition takes root in childhood.It stems from smothering & not being able to think for yourself.Either that or you were raised in 'Frisco.:lol:

Seems like you are telling people what, and what not to talk about. Free thinking should include free expression of your ideas and thoughts too. Ratsun has a section for those who wish to discuss... whatever, and it's called...

General Discussion

Talk about anything.

Well I don't like lawyers and I really don't like politicians (and a few other things) but if someone wants to rant and blow off some steam about them it's fine with me. I might even agree with them. And I'll exercise my right to either ignore it or answer it. Hell it doesn't happen THAT often on here.

I can only hope you take your own advice

Seems like you are telling people what, and what not to talk about. Free thinking should include free expression of your ideas and thoughts too. Ratsun has a section for those who wish to discuss... whatever, and it's called...

General Discussion

Talk about anything.

Well I don't like lawyers and I really don't like politicians (and a few other things) but if someone wants to rant and blow off some steam about them it's fine with me. I might even agree with them. And I'll exercise my right to either ignore it or answer it. Hell it doesn't happen THAT often on here.

Mike-i suggest you brush up on your reading comprehension.I am telling folks NOT to tell people what they can talk about.Like your "general discussion comment:you're right.

------

"Free thinking should include free expression of your ideas and thoughts too. "

Absolutely,and again i'm not tellling people what to talk about.I'm just telling people that if they don't like what others are talking about,they just need to STFU and not get involved.

This whole bag o' shit is here because of my thoughts on a volitile subject.

I will keep my thoughts to myself...or be a little more sensitive.

So lets quit beating a DEAD FUCKING HORSE!

Let this thread die and lets get on with life.

dd:fu: