Project 5Teeezy.........A Pharaoh's 510.....

Busta Nut

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got all up in the zone and forgot to take a few oics.....

.....I cut about 3/8 of a coil out.....wanted to do 1/2 but didn't wanna wreck things right off the bat......

D3CE65CD-5A47-4A2A-A045-672A2B2B339E_zps

......better......not ideal....but better.....

.........should've done a half.....

A439468D-F5DE-4AD3-8061-22829369B418_zps

• Like 1

Rolled back and forth......

first reading is car tracking and tire diameter.....

Looks damn good..... :thumbup:

8CBF2C21-3395-43D0-93EE-16F0C557924D_zps

To do the caster swing I had to lift it up a few mm...............

A85438E7-17FE-4613-B340-70AE6F4965CB_zps

• Like 1

In my experience, they drive better with a little toe-in up front. Around 1/8". 

But that's with rubber TC rod bushings. Since you don't have those...   ^_^

Ya......I usually run 1/16" in.......

I've read for track you want 0 or 1/16" out.......

..............it's all trial and error for me..........

That's not very much caster. -1/6 total to zero toe is a good aggressive toe setting. These cars like at least 3 degrees. Since your caster and camber are linked, with the angle in which you mounted the camber plate. You can still pull caster in at the TC rod, if you don't have adjustable rods, you can machine the rod and add spacers/washers accordingly. Make sure to create a good radius at the shoulder(when you have turned the rod to eliminate a stress riser, since there is a high potential for a bending moment of the TC rod.....avoid ugly failure. Good luck!

....Again.....got caught up in the moment......

Readings were WAY off to start.....4k ppm HCs....way out of sync....all kinds of screws off....

......here we are now.....

DB316D4E-B1C2-417D-AB81-FEA08E62B31F_zps

...oic of how much coil I cut..........

....................still wanna cut moar before track.......

95A0F3A6-081F-4C73-A764-A954D927CAD3_zps

F'n sweet......

9C70B631-B2BE-4862-BD7D-3403D16905AC_zps

That's not very much caster. -1/6 total to zero toe is a good aggressive toe setting. These cars like at least 3 degrees. Since your caster and camber are linked, with the angle in which you mounted the camber plate. You can still pull caster in at the TC rod, if you don't have adjustable rods, you can machine the rod and add spacers/washers accordingly. Make sure to create a good radius at the shoulder(when you have turned the rod to eliminate a stress riser, since there is a high potential for a bending moment of the TC rod.....avoid ugly failure. Good luck!

Dude....where the F are you??

You chime in every once in a while......I've PM'ed you my number and where I'm at.....

......I wanna stop by or you could stop by considering you said you pass by regularly.....

You're frinkin' 4 miles from me......

You seem to have a lot of knowledge and I'd love to pick your brain.....

PM me where you're at...number... name....sumthin'.......

.......or just come by in a fuckin mask and say you're MtTam510.......

• Like 3

Good to meet you this am, man.

Dude.....so glad you stopped by!!

Thx for the info man.....I'll definitely get some time off to come out and check out your place......

Just know you can stop by anytime....... B)

be careful of running too much caster with poly-urethane control arm bushings ..... like don't try to run 5 degrees if you have poly bushings, because I've heard the control arm will bind

There are no bushings with these......which worries me.......might not run them all the time.......

I'm talking about poly control-arm bushings, not T/C rod bushings ... do you have stock rubber LCA bushings?

If you are puting adjuatable tc rods you need use rubber bushings or get adjustble lcas, the poly bushings will bind and fail eventually.

you can pretty much get away with added caster and stock rubber LCA bushings. Can't get away with it with poly. Arms wouldn't move with poly torqued off-axis. Not ideal with rubber either, but you can get away with it.

when i ran more then 3 degrees of caster on my 4 door with stock lower control arm bushing's it would destroy the bushings in about 3 months

• Like 1