Olivia - 69 2 door 510 sedan - fully built CA18DET

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Fuck it. Here's what I did today, I made a GPS speedo for the dime. It's temporary. I was considering building something like this that fit in the stock location on the 510. So just a couple lit gauges behind tinted plastic so it's just black until you start the car.

1535710_10202206617998488_188903138_n.jp

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Shit, fuck, titty suck... i'm rhyming!!!! Yay, updates! It's starting to come together :)

Also.... I really need to start working on making my car look better when I get it back LOL. I forgot how it looks inside.... HA HA HA. At least I have carpet I can lay after I clean/paint this whore. Oh yeah, and then there's the outside... which also looks like shit. I suppose the first thing I should do is finish the rear flares and then move on to the interior of the car..

1012396_10203034908021648_1508356750_n.j

1743566_10203035646800117_851174862_n.jp

1780796_10203035644000047_850929957_n.jp

• Like 1

Yeah, everything i rushed in the beginning I am having to replace now so I am definitely taking a more relaxed approach. Erich has been doing the fab work. The intercooler is a CX Racing intercooler. I don't want to use anything from CX Racing but I don't really have another option right now.

BTW, nice dime! I guess that's how mine might look if I spend some time actually making it look nice!

Don't worry, yours will look great! Im not sure what kind of intercooler I have but we have been making it and the radiator work instead of going and buying better new ones....I had to reign in the spending somewhere! Ill try and get some pics of Andrews fab work soon.

ha ha ha bababooey, that's a good saying. Thanks 15om. 

Did I mention I'm considering putting vinyl wrap on the hood with insanity wolf and get large magnetic letters so I can write different sayings on it. Here's insanity wolf for those unfamiliar:

http://www.quickmeme.com/Insanity-Wolf/

More stuff:

1798697_10203042404009043_398521671_n.jp

• Like 1

Swung by Erich's and hung out for a while yesterday and got to see the cage, IC piping, the IC/Rad mount crash damage he fixed, etc in person. It's getting really exciting now. We hung out for a while and bullshitted about projects and this and that. I'm pretty excited about one specific project he's got going on but I'm not going to say anything about it because i don't know if it's top secret or not.

While I was there I threw on one of those ignition switches from malaysia. It fits the column and works great.... but i can't run the cover for my steering column with it. Not sure if I have a different steering column than a 69 has or a different steering column cover. It has a hole for the steering wheel lock, which is where I put the ignition switch, however, there is no hole in the steering wheel cover on either side for the switch. LOL. I forgot to take a picture of this. I also spent some time tracking down why I can't log AFRs on my haltech.. .which i didn't finish figuring out. 

Anyway, here's the latest on the cage.

1779978_10203098368328116_1554422338_n.j

• Like 1

Swung by Erich's and hung out for a while yesterday and got to see the cage, IC piping, the IC/Rad mount crash damage he fixed, etc in person. It's getting really exciting now. We hung out for a while and bullshitted about projects and this and that. I'm pretty excited about one specific project he's got going on but I'm not going to say anything about it because i don't know if it's top secret or not.

While I was there I threw on one of those ignition switches from malaysia. It fits the column and works great.... but i can't run the cover for my steering column with it. Not sure if I have a different steering column than a 69 has or a different steering column cover. It has a hole for the steering wheel lock, which is where I put the ignition switch, however, there is no hole in the steering wheel cover on either side for the switch. LOL. I forgot to take a picture of this. I also spent some time tracking down why I can't log AFRs on my haltech.. .which i didn't finish figuring out. 

Anyway, here's the latest on the cage.

1779978_10203098368328116_1554422338_n.j

get a 70/73 steering cover for it , the 69 ignition was on the left side of the column low on an individual bracket on the dash and not actually on the steering column, so there was not a steering lock on the 69 

like this only mounted level to the dash not hanging loose 

24240610009_large.jpg