Olivia - 69 2 door 510 sedan - fully built CA18DET

It's getting welded up. Not sure what color I want to paint it yet. I think I will keep the current paint job, but eventually go white with the car. I'm thinking something fluorescent might be in order for the cage. What do you d00ds think?

Oh... and does anyone know where I can order MDF boards for the interior? I want to put a board in the package tray in the rear of the car, carpeted with speakers. Same in the trunk and probably re-do the interior panels at the same time... I was under the impression MDF was the material to use. Is that correct?

62382_10203112932012199_1587782982_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erich let me know the fucking fuel tank is leaking now. Damn man... I just want to drive it. Why must there be so many obstructions in my path to get this car anywhere near drivable? I'm surprised a meteor hasn't hit it yet. At least once it's driving it will probably never break another thing for the rest of it's life...

Oh, and I ordered a rear view mirror. Not sure if I said that before. 

15om: I ended up just getting a stock one. I figure it makes sense to wait and see if anyone at Canby/JCCS has a wink mirror prior to buying one so I can see what it's like in person. I'm hoping to hit up both of those events this year.

Syncro: Too true man, too true. LOL!

Talked to Erich about the car, sounds like it won't be done until March. I'm going to try and get additional stuff done prior to him finishing so I can drive it home when it's done. The SS clutch line broke because the steering arm was hitting it. I need to spend some time making a different trans crossmember so I can raise the rear of the trans up a little higher. The one I had help making has the transmission sitting too low so the steering arm hits the bellhousing/clutch line where it goes into the slave cylinder when i try to crank the wheel right. That explains why I can't counter-steer LOL. I knew there was a binding issue but I haven't had time to look into it until recently. 

Since I can't drive the datsun and our other car had a recall that would take a month to fix, we started looking at the M3 we originally wanted but couldn't find. Ended up with this "Frozen White" 2013 M3.

All i have to say is FUCK. Just FUCK. It's fucking sick as fucking fuck. Couldn't sleep last night, I was up SO late looking at supercharger kits and stuff like that. It's hard to stay interested in the datsun when i haven't even been able to work on it for so long. At least I have a distraction for a while. My girlfriend doesn't particularly like driving, especially in the rain because of a hydroplaning incident a few years back. The car inspires confidence for sure. It's so low and wide. It just hugs everything. It feels literally glued to the road. She was doing 80 in pouring rain without batting an eye (there was nobody around). Needless to say I always used to drive and now we "fight" over who gets to drive to work LOL.

I should note though that she still REALLY wants to drive the datsun. And compared to the datsun the M3 isn't necessarily slow, but the feeling of speed is definitely muted. When you're doing 100 in the 510 you know it. Which is not to say the experience of driving the M3 is muted... on the contrary, you feel incredibly connected to the road. I guess if I had to compare it to something, I would say it feels like if they built my 510 from the factory with a way wider wheelbase and slightly slower.

Carbon fiber roof & interior trim

547892_10202549256924247_2139470516_n.jp

It's so wide.....

1782157_10202549247564013_1386251544_n.j

Pretty fun in the rain. Spun the tires in second gear on the way home @ 7500 rpm.

1979527_10202549247484011_1108714403_n.j

• Like 1

Thanks armlessmechanic, it's hard to describe because this is the first nice car I've had.

jrock

ha ha ha... no, that's not why he's camping on my car and I wouldn't say I have money to burn either lol.

This is me and my girlfriend's car. We have one nice car that we share and we each have a project car. To be fair, nothing has been done to hers and mine has been sitting for 7 months. Prior to that i was barely doing anything because we support some of our family members and most of our money goes to that.

It helps that the down payment on this came from our DD getting totaled. Long story short we didn't finance the whole car and we split the payments. 

He said this weekend so hopefully I can drive it home then. That would be utterly fantastic. i want to see if I can get my wastegate squared away so I can floor it again. Wastegate doesn't appear to be opening for some reason. I don't remember where i left off with that since it's been so long. 

Mainly i just want to see if my datsun is faster than the M3.

If it's running ok I'll rig up a mount and race my GF. She bought a go pro a while back so I'll throw up a video if all is well.

• Like 1

all I'm saying is that's a mother fucking nice ass bimmer there !!!!!!    Erich a sheister anyway........take it to captain games for a 2jz ...i keed, erich no sheister and captain ....well he would try the 2jz thing :w00t:

Poor datsun doesn't have room for IC piping, radiator fans and everything else. Had to extend the thermostat housing and wrap it around the IC piping. (It's getting welded today). Only thing left is for Erich to throw it all back together.

1406_10203302947442466_1082842199_n.jpg

More pictures from yesterday. Pretty excited to see it all put back together. I can't wait to pick it up. I got a new clutch line made and have a rear view mirror now. Gonna throw that shit on. I have the gopro all charged up and ready... no way to mount it now that I think about it... I gotta find my flexible mount and see if that will stay on the roll cage. If I can find it when I drive it I'll record a little video and put a video or two up.

1653736_10202589905980448_344682778_n.jp

10006294_10202589905740442_531871634_n.j

10006294_10202589905340432_1024279503_n.

1239728_10202589905300431_68867926_n.jpg