mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

photo_zps7d8f10dd.jpg

Here it is, the guy was looking it over before he took it away on that tow truck. By you pile of shit.

Should have it towed to the show. You would have won "BEST IN SLOW AWARD."

• Like 1

LOL, tis true. I sold the 620 cause I was tired of fighting to have a daily. So, you really had an issue with the clutch/trans? Hopefully it's the clutch cause that's probably easier to find than a new box.

• Like 1

John came in second place, thats what you get for only a hand job.

Moises I think the tranny went south or the clutch came apart, but i think more the tranny its hard to move around through the gears.

That sucks... just when everything was going so well.... for the engine at least. Once you get the tranny fixed I think your weakest link will be the rear end.

• Like 1

What tranny do you have installed? I can check the FJ to KA, I'm pretty sure they will at least bolt up cuz my engine stand I made uses the holes that the tranny bolts to and my KA an L series are bolting up in the same spot. I haven't tried the FJ but I could just bolt the block to the tranny and check.

I was thinking of using the Fs5w71b tranny I have with the FJ. Is that a good combo?

• Like 1

dont feel bad it happens sometimes 

the wifes fun car 

IMG_0046_zpsaae4dmqw.jpg

the culprit even though I thought the tank was real clean       clogged fuel line from shit in the tank

IMG_20140607_195224_290_zpsahxeionb.jpg

From what I've heard the S15 6-speed is only garbage if you increase the HP on the SR. With MrBig's current power he shouldn't have any problem out of the 6speed, and that would be a really nice setup. MrBig, I know you hate me and all, but if you get an SR 6-speed can you take  pictures of the bell housing and measure the distance across the bell from side to side?

• Like 1

What tranny do you have installed? I can check the FJ to KA, I'm pretty sure they will at least bolt up cuz my engine stand I made uses the holes that the tranny bolts to and my KA an L series are bolting up in the same spot. I haven't tried the FJ but I could just bolt the block to the tranny and check.

I was thinking of using the Fs5w71b tranny I have with the FJ. Is that a good combo?

Let us know it the FJ takes the KA or L series bellhousing. I have a FS5W71B I pulled out of my 720 that we might have to try out. In N/A form the FS5W71B or even a 71C will do just fine.

Nice! Is that the vg tranny?

Yes it is..... It's one fat pig of a trans, but much needed for a less than stock motor.

IMG_8165a_zps8d4dd42e.jpg

From what I've heard the S15 6-speed is only garbage if you increase the HP on the SR. With MrBig's current power he shouldn't have any problem out of the 6speed, and that would be a really nice setup. MrBig, I know you hate me and all, but if you get an SR 6-speed can you take  pictures of the bell housing and measure the distance across the bell from side to side?

I dont hate you ugly hair, I will look in to it and of course we will take pictures,the truck will be down for a week or so until we get room in the shop to get it on a hoist.

Where do u get them fancy hood latch bolts?

Used to be able to get to tasty nutz, but this will do also: 

www.probolt-usa.com/titanium/titanium-bolts-dome-head.html

Bolted the FJ block to a KA (s13) 5 speed. As far as I know this is a stock tranny no mods. The block bolts up perfect. The tranny is near 0 degrees left to right and 3 degrees down on the tail. The block is 10 degrees down on the drivers side.

449B7733-2FE8-4E13-9D78-D797769433F0.jpg

9C0B275E-D67A-48FC-8DA9-D67ABAAD1FCB.jpg

A1552AE4-DC4B-44A3-B41D-F80B9936FFDD.jpg

I can try the FS5W71B tranny tomorrow or Sat depending when I get it off the frame.

• Like 2