72 1200 sedan! Either way, Hello!

baggyspandex

K6321-95w00 is part # for a new mirror from the dealer, online list is at $26.99, and no I don't have any, most have succummbed to old age and crumble apart when you touch them.

I have not run into the problem of the adapter slipping on the steering shaft, but this seems to be a problem that has come up several times. Has anyone called Grant and ask them about the part being incorrect OR mispackaged?? The ones I've purchased in the Portland Oregon area, through Baxter Auto Parts have been trouble free. They a large parts house and I may have been buying old stock. Would be worth knowing what Grant has to say....

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I called and spoke with Grants tech dept. after buying two "correct" kits. He asked and I confirmed both the molded in number found on the hub as well as the box kit numbers. He asked if I would measure the spline diameter as well as take a spline count. In that time I sent them both back to Jegs and Summit and instead went with a B210 wheel which I am happy with for now.

When you say cut the rotors, do you mean grind the calipers? Looks really cool with the z wheels, I don't think I have seen those used on a 1200 before, glad to see you did not trade her for a bike.

Yea that's what I meant, calipers not rotors. I am definitely not trading this in for a bike. I already have half a dozen of those and only one car. I am also excited to get this thing to daily driver status although I only get to work on it once or twice a month when I visit my family. After I get my buddy to fix the rust in the floors and modify some seats ill bring up to my house in Seattle. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love the California Raisins sunshade. Ive been looking for a retro shade myself... Ive got one in mind, but its been hard to source.

Yea I picked that up at a garage sale for 50 cents! I am constantly on the hunt for vintage stuff so I will keep an eye out for more sunshades.

I have a collection of California Raisins figurines that my grandmother gave me when I was little... not sure why. Anyway, this is the specific one Im after: 

RKY6LVdl.jpg

Ive seen colored versions and if I could find a green one, I would be beyond happy. I know Ive seen them around, but looks like they are NLA. 

Car is coming along nice. Hopefully I can see it at a meet sometime. 

Where did you get the cowl grills how much were they!!  Your bumpers look good what did you do to them!!

I got the cowl grilles from Morrisun. There is supposed to be a plastic piece that goes over them to help filter out debris, but the original ones are often cracked or broken. I think someone needs to take a trip to their local 3D printer and make some reproductions. Ebay ones are going for $100 but are a rip off. 

The bumpers were painted the same blue as the car, but I stripped them with jasco spray on paint remover. It worked fast, but the overspray sometimes gets on the other parts, so I would recommend taking the chrome parts off and spraying them all at once. 

I got the cowl grilles from Morrisun. There is supposed to be a plastic piece that goes over them to help filter out debris, but the original ones are often cracked or broken. I think someone needs to take a trip to their local 3D printer and make some reproductions. Ebay ones are going for $100 but are a rip off.

Castings of those are on my to-do list :D

Castings of those are on my to-do list :D

There is a place nearby me that would be able to print out the plastic pieces from a cad file for pretty cheap. It would be a pretty neat/futuristic idea if we could collect cad files or 3d scans of certain parts for open source parts reproduction. It would be better than trying to get reproduction stuff from over seas. 

There is a place nearby me that would be able to print out the plastic pieces from a cad file for pretty cheap. It would be a pretty neat/futuristic idea if we could collect cad files or 3d scans of certain parts for open source parts reproduction. It would be better than trying to get reproduction stuff from over seas. 

For the size of that part 3D printing at an acceptable resolution is way too expensive (at cost is approx. 12 cents a gram plus support material for the Objet). For low volume stuff casting really is the way to go on these. However, even the over-seas repo stuff will probably be higher quality than a 3D part.

I do like the idea of gathering all the 3D scans or files in one place though.