72 1200 sedan! Either way, Hello!

baggyspandex

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not driving the car until the brakes get fixed. The pads up front look good, but I bet the brake lines need to be bled. Plus I think I will be getting seats tonight from somebody on Cragislist. Once I get it all buttoned up, I will be sure to come meet up.

Installed a new steering wheel this weekend.

photo-1_zpsf54daefa.jpg

I also took out all the seats to see where the rust spots are. The previous owner (one of em') put down some fiberglass to repair the floor pans, but they didn't do a good job cutting out the bad rust spots and it looks like it continued to spread.

image-1_zpsa92f0a06.jpeg

Removed stuff in the trunk, and there's some rust spots there as well.

image_1_zpsc0f63d8e-1_zps61a4728c.jpg

Some of the screws that were drilled into the floor pans worked perfectly for the cowl grills.

image_2_zpsba649928-1_zps1a84f3b2.jpg

I am hoping to do the brakes this weekend, but I've never done it before and neither has my pops, so we will see how far we get. This is my first car project so forgive me if I am slow to get things done. I'm a weekend tinkerer at most :)

Brake bleeding is pretty straight forward. Get a new bottle of DOT 3 fluid, a foot of tubing, a few small wrenches (8,9,10mm?) and an old water bottle for the old fluid. Proceed to youtube  and pick you favorite how to video. Should take less than one hour to do all four corners. Nice steering wheel, did you get your new seats?

Yea I got the seats, but they aren't in the car yet. I will take them down to my car this weekend and see if I can make them fit. The CL person said that he got them from someone who had em in a 510. The mounting holes are in different places and the rails are a little more narrow than the ones currently in my car. If they fit It will be a nice upgrade and for only $65 for front seats and the rear.

• 2 weeks later...

Post some underside pics of both sets of seats. You should be able to use the stock rail/sliders on the new seats with little effort. If not (you once said you had no passenger seat) score a second stock 1200 slider setup and things should almost drop in. Pics. My seats I had offered you do not have the sliders as they were used on my current setup, but if you still are interested then give me a call.

• 2 months later...

Thanks Morrison! got an extra rear view mirror kickin around? Mine just broke! I am thinking about picking up a reproduction on Ebay from Thailand, but it seems kinda sketchy.

Also my grant steering wheel slipped and need one of the older adapters since apparently the newer ones have a bigger spline diameter that wont fit my 1200. How can I find the older model or something that will make it work?