1 owner 22,000 mile 620

67411sss

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's lucky that it doesn't rain that much here in Hood River, there is some rust holes in the cowl area and the rubber around the windsheild is toast but other than that yeah it weathered the weather amazingly well. As for keeping it the answer sadly no, i know i'll regret selling her but it will make someone that wants restore a 620 very happy.

• 2 weeks later...

So i plan on trying to start the truck over this weekend and wanted to check to see if i missed anything before i turn the key.

Clean carb

Mystery oil down the spark plug holes 2 days ago (engine turned freely beforehand)

Flush coolant

Change oil and filter

Remote fuel tank with clean fuel

Should i replace the fuel pump? (i have other head with one)

Anything i missed? Please chime in , it has run in 20 years and do not want to miss anything important. Thanks Rory

So i plan on trying to start the truck over this weekend and wanted to check to see if i missed anything before i turn the key.

Clean carb

Mystery oil down the spark plug holes 2 days ago (engine turned freely beforehand)

Flush coolant

Change oil and filter

Remote fuel tank with clean fuel

Should i replace the fuel pump? (i have other head with one)

Anything i missed? Please chime in , it has run in 20 years and do not want to miss anything important. Thanks Rory

mine sat from 1989 to 2010 i think it was, i did everything you listed and mine fired right up, just pour a bit of gas in the carb and it will start right up. Fuel pump should work just fine.

I think if you clean up more, your 78 620 you should be able to get more then the 74 since yours has disc brakes, EI, is low mileage, original paint and it doesn't have any damage to speak of. Did you notice the dent on the right side of the bed on top. The 74 has a new paint job and bench seat has been recovered, not bad, just not original.

What ever you decide to do, good luck

Thanks! The interior on the green truck is a lot nicer than mine but at least it's original. I would like to keep it as original as possible (i did replace the slave cylinder but still have the old one to so i can rebuild it and put it back on) The body on mine is really straight apart from some rust holes in the cowl area and some small dents, surface scale/rust areas that are still very solid, it has one crack in the dash and the bed looks about the same as the ebay one. Most of the topside rubber on mine is in need of replacement but the underside ruber looks brand new. The engine runs like a sewing machine after 20 years of sitting , all electrical works great . I'm sure the brakes need a bunch of work and the exhaust has a leak somewhere, it still has 3 of the original tires and the exhaust is all original so it seems like a good comparison.

There is this one, doesn't look very original to me but is still really nice

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2933622696.html

• 3 weeks later...

By freeing up throw bearing do you mean it wont ever get out of gear.??

If yes, the clutch plate probably has rusted to the flywheel try to start truck in gear and on the ground ,, if that dont break it loose drive around holding brake hard enough to stall engine...Sometimes having a couple friends push while starting will help get it rolling .

but you will probably still end up replacing disc shortly