1 owner 22,000 mile 620

67411sss

So i found an original owner 22,000 mile 78 a few months ago and finally got around to getting some pics today.

Questions: It has an electronic dizzy ( i thought that was 79 not 78) if it has the ei does that also mean disc brakes? (i tried to get pics of the brakes but it's a bit sunk in the ground).

Pisc!

IMG_7054.jpg

IMG_7048.jpg

IMG_7037.jpg

IMG_7035.jpg

IMG_7046.jpg

IMG_7044.jpg

IMG_7055.jpg

IMG_7041.jpg

IMG_7042.jpg

IMG_7047.jpg

IMG_7040.jpg

IMG_7039.jpg

IMG_7038.jpg

IMG_7053.jpg

IMG_7059.jpg

IMG_7052.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, low mile find :) Yeah that IS an EI ignition, but it's not the '79 matchbox type you're used to seeing, it's the '78 large box (in the cab, under the dash pass side I think?). Will also be ball joint front end, tow that big dude home and get to work......:D Nice dash.

--Ray

• Like 1

IMG_7035.jpg

Have to ask what makes you think this is low mileage? Once the odometer reaches 99,999 it 'turns over' and starts at 00,000 again. It is in exceptional shape for sure.

Things to look for on a vehicle with only 22K....

Good chance it has a original muffler. One of my 710s has the Nissan part number and Made in Japan embossed on the muffler shell.

May have the original tires. Bridgstone? maybe.

Look for excessive wear on foot peddles, steering wheel, shift knob, window wind ups, scratched or replaced windshield, Does it have the original wiper blades, Original fan belts, and woven covered rad and heater hoses, seats worn on driver's side, lettering worn off dash knobs,

Look in glove box for receipts for an oil change @ 83K or similar mechanical work.

The question needs to be asked.... If 22K why is it just sitting there? It should be a good runner with lots of life left in it.

IMG_7035.jpg

Have to ask what makes you think this is low mileage? Once the odometer reaches 99,999 it 'turns over' and starts at 00,000 again. It is in exceptional shape for sure.

Good chance it has a original muffler. One of my 710s has the Nissan part number and Made in Japan embossed on the muffler shell.

Look for excessive wear on foot peddles, steering wheel, shift knob, window wind ups, scratched or replaced windshield, Does it have the original wiper blades, Original fan belts, and woven covered rad and heater hoses, seats worn on driver's side, lettering worn off dash knobs,

Look in glove box for receipts for an oil change @ 83K or similar mechanical work.

The question needs to be asked.... If 22K why is it just sitting there? It should be a good runner with lots of life left in it.

The story goes: The truck belonged to the grandfather(RIP) of the guy i approached, he told his grandfather used it to go to town and back( maybe 3 miles round trip) after he died the truck was used rarely and then just left where it is today. He told me he has all the records so that will make it easy to verify the miles. Would have been nice to have stored this under cover.

Right, awesome, love it.

Want some more of it.

Buy it. Whats the deal with it? Is it for sale? Did you stalk some guys backyard (we've all been there)? Whats it going to take to put that truck in your driveway. Besides fresh gas and a battery cool.gif.

Interiors can be maintained but the peddles will show if an odometer has rolled over yet.

Whoa, low mile find :) Yeah that IS an EI ignition, but it's not the '79 matchbox type you're used to seeing, it's the '78 large box (in the cab, under the dash pass side I think?). Will also be ball joint front end, tow that big dude home and get to work......:D Nice dash.

--Ray

HOLY CRAP ONNA CRACKER......yu get it home yet???

datzenmike, on 09 February 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

Resized to 92% (was 1023 x 682) - Click image to enlargeIMG_7035.jpg

The story goes: The truck belonged to the grandfather(RIP) of the guy i approached, he told his grandfather used it to go to town and back( maybe 3 miles round trip) after he died the truck was used rarely and then just left where it is today. He told me he has all the records so that will make it easy to verify the miles. Would have been nice to have stored this under cover.

Mike one other thing is most of the time (but not always) is a tale tale sign of having rolled over mileage is whether or not the numbers on the odometer are straight. Most of the time if it's rolled over then the spring will hold less tension and the numbers will ride a bit higher then if it hasn't. Notice how the 22 are pretty straight on and the 7 is higher. This is what I'm referring to.