What do you guys think of this KIA

Yeah, I don't have much call for Hyundai parts at NAPA. Newer KIAs not so much either. Hyundai has actually been making significant progress as reliable and is taking on many higher price brackets. And doing pretty well I might add.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what they used to tell me about my Datsun. Just ignorant talk.

Except look at the engineering. Made to be as cheap as possible now. Interior falls to pieces. Computers start dieing. Half of the car is plastic. Not as reliable (some are, but the earlier kias seemed be wind up cars).

Something goes wrong with a datsun, duct tape will probably get it home. A kia, a tow truck.

There is also a whole lot more to go wrong. The only thing that really seems to kill a datsun is rust, and people who crush them instead of selling them.

What kills new cars? Repair bills costing more than current day value.

My friends 01 Corolla, while seemed nice 5 years ago, feels like it is about to fall apart any day now, it feels weaker than a car that is 30 years older.

Yeah, I don't have much call for Hyundai parts at NAPA. Newer KIAs not so much either. Hyundai has actually been making significant progress as reliable and is taking on many higher price brackets. And doing pretty well I might add.

I would agree with this. I am not just a KIA/Hyundai hater.

Except look at the engineering. Made to be as cheap as possible now. Interior falls to pieces. Computers start dieing. Half of the car is plastic. Not as reliable (some are, but the earlier kias seemed be wind up cars).

reply fail edit (laecon)

yea i know bro but chevy cruze won british touring car championship and world touring car championship they are the same pos plastic computer crap..2012 streamline crap not like your veedub or my audi.... built to last .. kind of lol

mostly fixed

I know of a couple kias cruising around with 350k on them. The mechanics of kias and hyundais are Mercedes rip offs! ( and datsuns too!)

I have one friend with a Kia. He has a sorrento. Drives like a dream. He keeps it extremely well maintained, 1500$ tires and a couple thousand $ at the shop every few months! and nothings actually broken yet.

So maybe it drives great because it's so well maintained, I dunno.

Modern day car manufacturer providing quality and efficiency for a low price. Remind you of anything?

Looks like something a hamster would drive. Anyone else think those hamsters are fucking creepy!

Not as creepy as those mixed up rat things they used in Quizno's commercials:

[Youtube[

[/Youtube]

When kia and hyundai started, those were shitty cars, the first gen accents have completely dissapeared from earth, remember those purple, papaya color and pastel color Accents.....RIP. Although Kia and hyundai have been improving in matters of their quality, not superior but superior to themselves, the only thing that I hate from those cars is that they are full of plastic and when they get old the crack everywere. If you wanted to buy a korean car, I think of buying a sedan and selling it after the first year because those are glass cars.

• Like 1

Anybody thinking that anything but the premier sport / extreme luxury models of today will be driving is 20 years is nuts.. Modern cars are designed to be "car shred".... Look how very few 1974 to 1999 cars are on the road.. Look at hoe few are deemed collectible . That era is a dead zone for collectibles, with maybe 1 in 100 models even worth preserving. The 00 cars are even worse.. Brcuase of the complexity of their systems, the only survivors in 20 years will be granny cars and gutted mad max facades of the originals running on lion drill batteries and colored duct tape.

maybe I'm biased...worked for hyundai for 11 years. Kia's quality does not stand up to Hyundais. They are a few years behind.

Exterior wise the 2dr souel looks pretty cool. But I dont care for the fit/feel of the inside of the kias. For those of you that think Hyundai builds crap, go to the dealer and look at their line up of cars. The quaility is there. They are actually beating out the big dogs too.

My personal car is a 2003 tiburon, 142k miles. NOT STOCK. Runs great too. I purchased it 12/12/2002 and I plan on keeping it for a loooong time. Wife drives a 2007 tiburon with just over 40k miles on it. I'd buy another Hyundai, just not a kia.

Oh and the part about the techs being shady...not all of them. I enjoyed what I did and took pride in my work.

Look how very few 1974 to 1999 cars are on the road..

Except for all the hondas, toyotas, mercedes, GM G bodies, all the subarus, jeep cherokees, ford trucks, lincoln towncars, cadillacs......

At least in the US biggrin.gif

I like Hyundais. My cousin had a sweet tiburon, which she was tboned in. Car was totaled and she was fine. She buys another one and gets tboned. Yet again totaled and shes fine. So she go's and gets some funky four door hyundai. Just as quick as the tiburon, ultra comfy, killer sound system, and 30 mpg. Has yet to have any problems and I believe it's an 06.

On the contrary.... I have a friend with a Sante Fe. I've driven it and it was a p.o.s. Probably because it's not maintained. I convinced her to let me change her oil at 10k miles mellow.gif Oh, and with the seat all the way back it's ULTRA tiny. I had more room in my sisters Del Slow biggrin.gif