help me pick!

Skib

61 members have voted

1. 1. paint!?

• Street Figher (all graphics done in vinyl)
    • Olive Drab
    • Bamboo tan
    • British Racing green
    • some sort of blue
    • other

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the streetfighter look like fisch's artwork at the top right of the page BUT...I would never do vinyl, I do body and paint for a living, and we did extensive

fleet work which means we worked with companies that either had full wraps or mega decaling on their vans and trucks, now I know they are work vehicles but...still, it would never fail all the vans that were a couple of years on the road the vinyl was cracking or peeling or both, and looked terrible...if it was me, id go with paint,

then once the basecoat was sprayed on, have an artist do ( paint ) the streetfighter graphics freehand and then clearcoat over them, that would be the shit...

then once the basecoat was sprayed on, have an artist do ( paint ) the streetfighter graphics freehand and then clearcoat over them, that would be the shit...

thats what I did last time, but it was a beater so it was rattle can and hand cut stencil

it was a pain in the ass :lol:

167202_1647282139753_1167911520_31635425_1518453_n.jpg

the idea of vinyl came about because I thought shit, if it ever gets me to much unwanted attention or i sell it to someone who wants a normal car I can just remove the vinyl.

but aging is deff a problem.

Meh, you've done the street fighter thing. Do something new.

Given your options, I'd go with the Bamboo tan. There's a thread with a ton of different options, however.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/38158-datsun-paint-and-codes/

Mull it over for a while; it looks like you have plenty of time to change your mind.

Definitely no blues, just thinking about it gives me the blues, Everybody wants a blue 510, we have done 6 here in the last 4 years. Tan would last forever.

:rofl: I noticed that.

I think the stock robins egg blue looks great.... but then I saw like everything was comin out blue and was like shit.

I cant go do blue :lol:

I got the book, lookin at the tan and Im thinking win.

the factory bamboo tan is my other fav stock colour, just very... fitting on a dime to me for some reason.

I tend to use more cools and neutrals.

dont thing Id ever rock red/orange/yellow/ ect flashy/warm colours

all this talk get to work skib

I love the bamboo tan or green like james old coupe

:P I will this weekend.

The 510 crowd is a fickle bunch, they like their cars to look a certain way. On here it seems that everyone wants the "street fighter" thing, but I will tell you that outside of Ratsun that style of paint scheme will be frowned upon. Your replies may be "who cares what anyone else thinks", but that logic only goes so far. Having an oddball car at a meet can make you into the outcast. Just sayin'.........

Do it in a solid color, like bamboo tan. It will be far easier to sell someday. Solid classic colors never go out of style.

The 510 crowd is a fickle bunch, they like their cars to look a certain way. On here it seems that everyone wants the "street fighter" thing, but I will tell you that outside of Ratsun that style of paint scheme will be frowned upon. Your replies may be "who cares what anyone else thinks", but that logic only goes so far. Having an oddball car at a meet can make you into the outcast. Just sayin'.........

:rofl: I have literal no shits given for all that.

when I did the street fighter goon I used real rivets, nuff said.

Im not in the 510 scene........ Im in the Datsun scene.

This car isnt going to be a standard issue 510....

.... just like my wagon wasnt... and my truck wasnt.... and my Z's havent been

(well except the 83 cuz Iv just left it stock)

and some times I will do things the purists might think blasphemous...

.... to bad.

• Like 1

:rofl: I have literal no shits given for all that.

when I did the street fighter goon I used real rivets, nuff said.

Im not in the 510 scene........ Im in the Datsun scene.

This car isnt going to be a standard issue 510....

.... just like my wagon wasnt... and my truck wasnt.... and my Z's havent been

(well except the 83 cuz Iv just left it stock)

and some times I will do things the purists might think blasphemous...

.... to bad.

Skib it's very obvious from this reply that you care so much about what others think of you....laugh.gif

510 scenesters are lame, same goes with any scenester, be yourself or just stop being, same goes with this vote man, take people's ideas but it all comes down to what you want man, and I think you probably deep in the back of your mind already know.

As a great man once said:

"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks

Lick on these nuts and suck the dick

Get the fuck out after you're done

And I hop in my ride to make a quick run..."

Good Luck buddy.

wink.gifthumbup1.gif