righteous noobies

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive noticed this too..

alot of these noobies think they can just come here and get spoon fed all the answers they need.. laziness...

theres a big lack in respect from this younger generation...

makes me glad my parents taught me manners and respect for others...

• Like 1

There's a difference between asking for help and asking to be spoon fed. And while I agree that when a members first post is like 'my car won't run can somebody tell me why', that gets old.

What I see a lot of, though, especially on sites like HybridZ, is when someone asks for help, they instantly get jumped on.

I think the general forum system works pretty well, though, so talking about it really doesn't accomplish anything.

Hey look it's turning into hybridz haha

not by a long shot....

thers a big difference between asking for help and actually going out ot your car and trying to figure it out.

and sitting on the computer expecting to be told everything and have it served up on a silver platter.

Ratsun has always been there to help........ not spoon feed.

use the search button for christs sake :rolleyes:

• Like 1

^^ spoken like a true scholar..

im all for helpin someone, but if theyre just trollin for answers, then theyre gonna get jumped on..

if you dont know what to do with your datsun, then you need to go learn some basics first... i mean cmon.. all it takes is a little research..

Ya man, those damn newbs comin around here actin like they know everything. Wait... thats me.

What cracks me up is the ones who try to sell stuff on their first post. At least be here long enough to say hi before you start whoring your crap.

What cracks me up is the ones who try to sell stuff on their first post. At least be here long enough to say hi before you start whoring your crap.

word. some people dont realize that this is not a regular forum.

this is a community. It doesnt just exist right here on the internet.

I wouldn't consider it righteous, just lazy and entitled. It's like a handjob. Why do the work yourself when someone will do it for you. We shouldn't give noobs handjobs. Maybe Ratsun needs a slogan contest:

-"Welcome. Let us help you help yourself."

-"Ratsun. Get tough or get out."

-"Bailing your lazy ass out since 2007."

-"Ratsun is french for SEARCH BUTTON, bitch."

-"Your mom already told me about the Honda you just sold."

-"No oics - no help."

-"English! Do you speak it?!" (will require Fisch's car to be replaced with Samuel Jackson head shot.

I guess it's time to make the pinned FAQ thread mandatory reading for new members.

I wouldn't consider it righteous, just lazy and entitled. It's like a handjob. Why do the work yourself when someone will do it for you. We shouldn't give noobs handjobs. Maybe Ratsun needs a slogan contest:

-"No oics - no help."

-"English! Do you speak it?!" (will require Fisch's car to be replaced with Samuel Jackson head shot.

I guess it's time to make the pinned FAQ thread mandatory reading for new members.

Ratsun. We dont care, our cars run just fine.

-"No oics - no help."

wait..some ELSE will give me a hand job... the fuck you say. I need to go have some words with the wifey.... *walks to the kitchen*

You forgot to mention punctuation too. It is needed.

what i'm tired of is noobs cluttering every thread with useless posts just to get their post count up. Hmmm I wonder how these guys get a 900 post count in two months and contribute nothing productive?

Insomniacs probably has a way of helping with this.

Seen any good re-posts lately?

No. Just lots of re-posts.

:P

• Like 1

Wouldn't you rather have them here, on a better site, than on the other side of the webz( <_< ).

At least here, the answers come from us.

There, the answers come from us too-I guess.

Too soon?

:lol:

I totally agree, my point isn't to drive noobies away. Shit, we were all noobies once! And sometimes they really know their stuff. It's the 18yo know it alls i could do without.

I don't care if they want to post all over insomniacs, they should just stay out of other Datsun and classified related threads unless they have something worthwhile to say.:rolleyes: /rant

i know im newer than alot of ppl, but honestly that should apply to everyone. It does seem like anytime anyone has a legit question, there will be several people adding nothing intelligent to the discussion (and yes some older guys are just as guilty).

I like to think of Ratsun as a garage with the door up and the light spilling out down the driveway to the street. You've driven past several times and noticed some rad rides parked out front and there is always something going on inside. Day or night the door is open and great tunes playing along with hammering and drilling and often a bunch of laughter. Every so often there is another smoke/beer break and the guys inside come out front sometimes standing under the door in the rain laughing even harder. They are an interesting mix of ages and there's a nod as you pass. Once you saw one of them leave in one of their unfinished creations. It crab walked sideways as the power came on adding two more lines to the pavement. So one evening you pull in and park at the end of the driveway and slowly walk up to the open door. The garage walls are covered with parts and chrome tools flickering blue white from the mig welder. Beside the door unnoticed in the dark, is a red glowing cigarette. "Beer?" a voice asks, and a hand swings out into the light with an open one....

We all started somewhere, less than we are now. Often it's hard to join another herd as the outsider, the unknown, the noob. What exactly is a noob? New or inexperienced? Could be both, could also just be new. All are an unknown quantity and time will tell how well they 'fit'. Those with character shrug off the inevitable noob rite of passage crap and good naturedly hang in there. We have some awesome members here that I've met, some not, that are articulate, focused, (dare I say intense?) Datsun enthusiasts, tempered with just a bit of good humor. A pleasure to talk shop with, and I'm always blown away to find they are often so young.

• Like 3