Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good man. Don't dare put any stickers on it.

I had a bunch on it, but have since tamed it down quite a bit. I have those door stickers... and I have one other planned, but there will be zero sticker bombing. I may remove the door ones at paint though. 

I appreciate the compliment. 

Not a stock color... it was a decent respray at some point. The only issue it really has is the shitty application of clear; its flaking off everywhere. The stock color is 818 (cross checked with the brochure I now have). 

Mmmmm.....tail light garnish....

Very delicious. Its looking great in that brochure. 

Stopped by a local place to get my new sunroof installed. Finally no more leaking seal. Im so happy with the install... it doesnt leak, its now a double-pop, the area around the frame is 100 times cleaner, and the hardware isnt as rusty. I want to thank Tdaaj again for the sweet deal on the sunroof:

8568872833_64dd80d26f_z.jpg

8569970116_db12cf8b31_z.jpg

8568873389_4886c79691_z.jpg

Before: 

6810109305_b0bc6939c1_z.jpg

After:

8568873825_23dac471a5_z.jpg

Ive got about a week or so before the sealant used fully cures, then I can unscrew the inside frame and put the headliner back up. Until then, Ill probably just use some clear tap to keep it out of the way and looking decent. 

That is very nice! I need to do this.. 2x. Truck and dime.

Im extremely happy. And whats even cooler is it hasnt cost me a thing. Im trading website work for it. If I didnt have to leave early, he would have mounted my fender mirrors and were talking about getting exhaust done there too once I do my engine swap. Hes a great guy and does quality work. 

Im going to wait a few days until the sealant is mostly cured before I even open the sunroof, but I cant wait. Should be awesome. 

Do you know what sealant they used?

I believe they used they used Rite Stuff. They cut the hole to fit the larger frame, caulked all around the edge, then clamped in the inner frame, and cleaned up the excess sealant that came out as the screws were tightened. 

Said it should take a week or so to cure. Also, apparently it should seal while still being pretty maleable while the roof and such flexes around.

Sunroof looks good. Can't wait to see the fender mirrors

Thanks. Yeah me too, Ive had them long enough that I should finally put them on. Just lazy I guess. 

8570313582_345f1f179b_z.jpg

Since its nice out, snapped a picture when I got home from getting the sunroof done. 

I wish I had a spare set of wheels and tires to get these polised up. Maybe just a good cleaning will make me happy; they were pretty dirty for the A&W meet.

Popped the tops since the weather was so nice:

8572021213_e784e89680_c.jpg

So here is the inside of the sunroof:

8572020769_bfefc72b00_c.jpg

When I reinstall the new sunroof it will only cover up to the outer frame leaving that center bar empty and bare. Im not sure what I want to do with it, but I have a few options...

1. Leave it bare, but paint it black.
  2. Leave it bare, paint it black, and just wait until I buy a new headliner and then cover that space with new headliner material.
  3. Build some sort of custom something in there... maybe relocate the dome light or put something else cool and functional there. 

Thoughts?

• Like 1
Im going to wait a few days until the sealant is mostly cured before I even open the sunroof, but I cant wait. Should be awesome. 

Popped the tops since the weather was so nice:

8572021213_e784e89680_c.jpg

Lols. I guess you couldnt.

Anyways, I would try to figure something out... Map lights, Sunglasses.  Get inspired from the 610 roof console.