Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

Oh, and contrary to what I posted earlier, my tire was NOT rubbing on my shocks. I got underneath the car when I was changing my rear tires and the wheel is nowhere near it. Im guessing the rubber scuff marks are from when the tire blew and was shoved into my wheel well.

Oh, and contrary to what I posted earlier, my tire was NOT rubbing on my shocks. I got underneath the car when I was changing my rear tires and the wheel is nowhere near it. Im guessing the rubber scuff marks are from when the tire blew and was shoved into my wheel well.

Hmmm . so your saying ..you probably had a bad tire ..

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol yes... apparently it was just the tires time to go :bye:

I knew they were pretty bad, but didnt suspect anything like that happening for a bit. Otherwise I would have focused on getting tires forever ago. Oh well, live and learn. Ive seen the fronts and they are pretty bad so Im going to try and get tires Wednesday for them.

So Ive had a day to drive on them and they are fantastic. They arent some super performance tire, but I can tell that the ride quality in the rear is 100% better. More traction, less bottoming out on the tire, no rubbing... the only down side is that Im no longer as low as I was. Oh well, it drives nice so Ill take it.

So its your fault I blew a tire! :mad:

JK, I shouldnt have been running them that long. Ive looked a few times at the rear and didnt realize they were that bad. With a 185 on it, the 8s should fit fine. I might have a roll a little bit more, but I should be able to fit it.

I actually dont have any stretch on the tire right now; its a 185/55 (7.28in) on a 7in rim. When I go to put the rears on, Im going to be putting on a 175/50 (6.88in) onto an 8in rim... that one will have some stretch lol. Once I get all rims/tires mounted, Ill be taking more detailed shots. I feel a little weird with Aeros on the front and SSRs on the back so I made sure my front rims werent in the picture when I snapped it.

Oh sweet deal on that mill. Now we can make parts for the cars lol.

I actually dont have any stretch on the tire right now; its a 185/55 (7.28in) on a 7in rim. When I go to put the rears on, Im going to be putting on a 175/50 (6.88in) onto an 8in rim... that one will have some stretch lol. Once I get all rims/tires mounted, Ill be taking more detailed shots. I feel a little weird with Aeros on the front and SSRs on the back so I made sure my front rims werent in the picture when I snapped it.

Oh sweet deal on that mill. Now we can make parts for the cars lol.

Oh when you said 8" I thought you meant nominal, I was thinking like a 1.25-1.5" stretch. why'd you get those big ol slabs of rubber? lol.

Hell yeah! In my dreams I get good at machining (I can already use Solidworks) then we can justify reconditioning one of our CNC's. If that happens I'll be our in house machinist/engineer forget another 4 years of night classes!

You work at that full shop though, so you'll have to help me fab some stuff up.... actually those camber plates would be easy as hell to make. I just don't know where to go for the shock mounting if I were to do it from scratch, haven't looked into it though.

Oh when you said 8" I thought you meant nominal, I was thinking like a 1.25-1.5" stretch. why'd you get those big ol slabs of rubber? lol.

Hell yeah! In my dreams I get good at machining (I can already use Solidworks) then we can justify reconditioning one of our CNC's. If that happens I'll be our in house machinist/engineer forget another 4 years of night classes!

You work at that full shop though, so you'll have to help me fab some stuff up.... actually those camber plates would be easy as hell to make. I just don't know where to go for the shock mounting if I were to do it from scratch, haven't looked into it though.

Im not stretching to stretch. Im only doing it to fit the rims I want. I dont need to stretch in the front which is where the rims on the car now will end up. If you end up working the mill, Im sure we can work something out with my shop as well; come up with some sort of deal.

Awesome that would be great! thanks man. Lovin the dime by the way.

No problem. Look out for the thread whenever I replace mine. Its basically like this:

1. Cut the roof and headliner the shape of the sunroof.

2. Cover the bottom of the sunroof in sealant.

3. Insert the sunroof in the hole and screw it in (about 36 screws usually)

4. Insert bottom seal to cover screws.

5. ???

6. Enjoy

Those wheels look great! Gonna be sweet when you get all 4 on your whip.

Thanks! Im excited too.

I might hit you up on that Q. Let me recheck mine with the crowbar test see if they really are bad. PM me a price youre thinking and maybe we can work something out.

On the way to the shop with the new tires:

7166307172_ec7294655e_c.jpg

What my front tires looked like before:

7166311276_ea247bc75a_c.jpg

What my front tires look like now:

7166316302_64e1e0b67d_c.jpg

2sec iPhone photo. Nothing fancy, just the side profile:

7166336816_711b611b16_c.jpg

2sec. iPhone photo. Nothing fancy, just a 3/4 shot.

7166508758_43e4a696ba_c.jpg

Overall Im super happy with the rims, but Im going to need to switch the tires around; the front on the rear and the rears on the front. As you can see, the rears are a bit smaller than the fronts so Im going to need to fix that. This was my only option getting tires so quickly because of the blowout. Ill probably swap them around this weekend maybe.

• Like 1

Haha I knew that when I saw them on the wagon, I would like them on the 4dr. I just bought all the tires so Im not looking at getting rid of any of them just yet... so Im going to switch them around so the taller tire is in the rear. Ive got plenty of space in the rear; even with the 8in rim the tire will clear fine. Ive got better clearance with these than the Aeros.

You should really look at going with some MKIIIs for the wagon. They would look sick in the color you have the rims for the wagon now. Color match like a bawse.

yes tristan your car has a new ranking in my book.... ftd... looks like a totally diff car.....fresh to death fer sure....mr skinny jeans moving on up....car looks so good tristan...

Yes, though Im waiting a little bit until I get some adjustable LCAs and TC rods here in a bit. I figure its a waste of money to get an alignment, change the suspension and do it all over again in such a short period of time. Alignment is a must though.

A few more pictures:

7167722764_580a2ae2cb_c.jpg

7167716336_56880b0f29_c.jpg

Theres a mini car show tomorrow at my boss' technical college so were going to roll over to that during the day. Ill be driving the 510 over and hes going to take out 2JZ swapped drift 240sx. Im going to be showing up to the shop early and will be doing a mini polish on SSR lips. Im cleaning up the hardware right now as we speak. Luckily the rims are a welded 3-piece so I think its safe to run without hardware for a day.

Im running one that is NLA. I have no recommendations personally, but the one tip I can provide is try to find the flattest sunroof possible. A lot of the generic glass will be pretty flat so thats what you want. The 510 is arched some, but pretty flat in the center compared to a lot of cars. You can go into a automotive glass place and pick one up for about $175 and about $80 installed though YMMV depending on location. If you feel you can do it yourself, then you can get away with a pretty cheap job.