1980ish electronic dist.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not a 1980 model, it's the earlier type 1976-1978.

All you got was the distirbutor and the trigger.

You forgot EI part -- the big box under the dash.

Where under the dash? Drivers side, pass side? I have never seen this one before, but it was on an L20b, so I thought I would get it, maybe I can use it on a J15 I have, mod it like mike did on my NL320 when he owned it.

That's not a 1980 model, it's the earlier type 1976-1978.

All you got was the distirbutor and the trigger.

You forgot EI part -- the big box under the dash.

I said 1980ish, :lol: :lol: i couldn't remember what year it was, it was raining, and I was cold. Everything was so tight in there, it had a lot of smog crap, it also had what looked like a new/rebuilt carb, I just took the El distributor, and the thermostat housing with the piping that went from the water pump to the intake with the tee in the middle that went to the thermo housing.

Haha, I've done that before on my first matchbox swap. Open up the black box and all it is a couple of studs and two ring terminals, just to give you a detach point for removing the distributor. ;)

$347 at Oriellys

e1976a.jpg

or, a $5 matchbox from Pick-a-part

24164.jpg

red & green trigger wires

The matchbox is vibration and moisture resistant so can go in the engine compartiment. Just needs to be bolted to metal so it stays cool.

you pay for a matchbox? im sorry thats like relays and fuses to me i paid 2 bucks to get in im getting my moneys worth

Hey Wayno, if you're going back tomorrow could you please let me know if the 200sx still has it's rear axle. I'm in the market for one. Thanks.

That 200SX with the VG30 in it in the foster rd. yard in portland oregon?

I was there today, I looked under the hood to see if any 510 guys had pulled the intake and exhaust yet, it has been there for a while.

Don't know how much longer it is going to be there, I bet it's been there for close to a month now, I'll take a look in the morning.

They want a lot of money for stuff like that, to much if you ask me, they want $125.00 for just the pumpkin(center dropout piece) in a 720 axle, hate to think what they would want for the whole rearend.

Hey Wayno, if you're going back tomorrow could you please let me know if the 200sx still has it's rear axle. I'm in the market for one. Thanks.

Sorry guy, I totally spaced looking at the car, while I was going in I met Mike entering also, totally spaced after that, my next two days are gone, I have to work, can you remind me wendsday night about going over and looking at it. Just send me a PM, that will get my attention.