Toyota Corolla Stolen

Saw this post from Ray on FB.

Hey just so everybody knows....

There is a Corolla that sits outside my shop and has for some time. There was about ten people that knew what engine was in there.

It has a 20v 4age silvertop.

So some people stole the car and took it to the field next to the shop and hid it between the trailers that are parked out in the field. Then they stripped it of some parts. They took the bolt in cage, Konig rewind wheels, rear coilovers, steering wheel, tach, and most bothersome is the ECU and Wiring harness. One thing is, YOU DONT STEAL AN ECU AND HARNESS UNLESS YOU NEED IT. So someone doing a 20v swap who is too dumb to look at a ecu pinout and wire it themselves did it. Sweet.

Luckily enough there were fingerprints and a cigarette pack left in the car. The results are taking a while. The results will be hit and miss since the fingerprints will need to be in the system.

Thanks to most red blooded american who turns 21 and applies for a CPL (concealed pistol license) gets their prints in the system.

This all happened just over a month ago and any info leading to the buys who did it will be very helpful. I already have a hunch but one of the guys remains nameless. I know this may stir some crap, but maybe not...

Many thieves think or justify their actions by saying 'oh insurance will cover it' or my favorite 'thats what insurance is for'...well I have to say business insurance will not cover it since the car was outside and the owners insurance wont cover it either.

Hope your stuff dosen't get stolen.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this post from Ray on FB.

Hey just so everybody knows....

There is a Corolla that sits outside my shop and has for some time. There was about ten people that knew what engine was in there.

It has a 20v 4age silvertop.

So some people stole the car and took it to the field next to the shop and hid it between the trailers that are parked out in the field. Then they stripped it of some parts. They took the bolt in cage, Konig rewind wheels, rear coilovers, steering wheel, tach, and most bothersome is the ECU and Wiring harness. One thing is, YOU DONT STEAL AN ECU AND HARNESS UNLESS YOU NEED IT. So someone doing a 20v swap who is too dumb to look at a ecu pinout and wire it themselves did it. Sweet.

Luckily enough there were fingerprints and a cigarette pack left in the car. The results are taking a while. The results will be hit and miss since the fingerprints will need to be in the system.

Thanks to most red blooded american who turns 21 and applies for a CPL (concealed pistol license) gets their prints in the system.

This all happened just over a month ago and any info leading to the buys who did it will be very helpful. I already have a hunch but one of the guys remains nameless. I know this may stir some crap, but maybe not...

Many thieves think or justify their actions by saying 'oh insurance will cover it' or my favorite 'thats what insurance is for'...well I have to say business insurance will not cover it since the car was outside and the owners insurance wont cover it either.

Hope your stuff dosen't get stolen.

Shit like this is why small speedshops in America are a dying trend.

Ya i agree, someone had knowledge of the car, are staked it out...I drive by his shop alot, and at night not alot of cars on that road and it is dark...And they also probly keyed on that car there is alot of stuff around that building...I hope they find who did it...Probly wont get the stuff back, but at least catching them would be nice!!!

Dude sorry to hear this. The Garage Autohero 510 is one of my faves on the planet, and that alone should make them exempt from any thieving! (Not that anyone should be stolen from EVER.)

Reminds me of how much security you need these days. I remember an article in Sport Compact Car about how their garages got broken into and they made off with all sorts of stuff. Barbed wire and guard dogs are your best bet.

I am continually amazed that more shops, especially ones in the warehouse areas, fail to employ even a rudimentary video surveillance system; and the ones that do use the cheapest, shittiest cameras they can find.

Even a couple of these on a computer running Argus DVR free version is better than nothing. Especially if you can keep the area decently lit: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-HD-Pro-Webcam-C910/dp/B003M2YT96

I am continually amazed that more shops, especially ones in the warehouse areas, fail to employ even a rudimentary video surveillance system; and the ones that do use the cheapest, shittiest cameras they can find.

Even a couple of these on a computer running Argus DVR free version is better than nothing. Especially if you can keep the area decently lit: http://www.amazon.co...0/dp/B003M2YT96

How would you mount this camera in the elements outside? Also how would you wire it to say a telephone pole away from the building watching over a parking lot etc.? this is a webcam for a personal computer correct? not a security camera.