New Truck!!!

datsunon40s

so I saw this truck on craigslist.... in the ad it says truck ran until someone tinkered with it. so I go and buy it today and get it home. I notice the gas guage was on E and wanted to at least hear it sputter so I put gas in it and Ill be danged if it didnt start up and run better than my 77 KC hahahahah

was gonna use it for parts but I figure Ill drive it for the 100 bucks I paid for it :lol:

010102011607010411200804088a8e75e66.jpg

0410081920.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.... in the ad it says truck ran until someone tinkered with it. so I go and buy it today and get it home.

classic!

i bought a wagon last year and the seller said it needed a new fuel pump and a few other missing things. so i changed the 5 YO gas and new fuel filter.

charged up the old battery. started right up (with a few wire/ground cleanings) thing was still timed perfetly too :lol:

idiots!

good score.

Damn 620s are hard to find!

Hard to find? I see them all the time here in Cali. Especially at the JY.

I noticed Oregon and Washington has alot of Datsuns, on Craigslist anyway.

Oh and nice score.......the 620 looks good.

Looks like she's barely hanging on the flatbed. I need one of those , or a tow dolly................

dang that is a good deal!

I bought my first 521 for $45 and it was running until the owner "gave it a good wash for me" before he drove it to me and got the alternator wet and fried the whole engine harness!

it's ok, it's my parts truck for my ratty 521.

I will for sure post a thread about parts but Im kinda leaning twards keeping it together ... my buddy wants to start a 620 project and all the damage is repairable

if it's repairable, I would also make a project out of it. Of course we will need pic's when u get it going. good luck with the 620. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 79 200sx in spokane in 1993, ran it for about a year and a half, parked it went to school, ended up trading it off for a few things, finally did some horse trading, got it back and got back what i traded for it as well, wait i'm lost, anyway, that motor got swapped to a 78 510 and then a 75 dollar 1975 620, and kept going. even when the hitatchi carb took a crap, and i put another one on there. that was the best LB20 I've ever had.

• 4 months later...