delete

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats. A sweet one. And in Bama! That doesn't happen too often.

There are few things I like more than when someone grabs one that looks just like this, hits the car wash on the way home, and buffs out the paint. Transformation. Rubbing the mojo back into it.

Great color! Jeff (Icehouse) swears by TR-3 buffing compound if you don't have a buffing set-up. It is good stuff and these datsuns seem to like it.

Definitely a 69. Grill, front fenders lights and logo placement, antenna, rear side markers all indicate not a 70 or newer.

Not necessarily, if it has plastic C pillar vents and '70 emmisions crap then it's an early '70. I have the 2 door version. Same grille, antenna, emblems and marker lights but with those 2 little differences, the C-pillar vents being the definitive difference.

Meguires makes a really good product called "Ultimate Compound", which should be available at most auto parts places. If you REALLY need to get abrasive with it, they also make a product called "Mirror Glaze, Heavy Cut Cleaner". This works very well, and can take off all kinds of oxidation, stains, and other junk. Unless you're incredible hulk, use it with either a buffing wheel or buffing pad.

Fuzz! Glad to see you in the project section. You're the only ratsuner I've met that I didn't introduce to the sight.

When we last spoke in person, you couldn't have another datto because of limited garage space and a housing authority. I'm assuming that's changed.

So did you move, or get rid of your parts car?

Nice find regardless.

Word of advice. Don't start a swap. They're both time and money consuming. ;)

Good luck man. Hope to see you again soon. When the 620 is driving, you are one of the first people I wanna visit.