• no ... i love v8 swaps
    • yes ... traitor lolz
    • I like turtlez

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a stock 350sbc air cleaner ... the snout was going to be a clearance issue

1327038980.jpg

So i cut it off ... heat riser valve is gone ... this air cleaner will be used for testing and until i make a custom one or low profile.

1327038982.jpg

Strut tower bar ... triangulation to the firewall ... fabrication done.

1327039236.jpg

Strut bar ... triangulation to firewall bar ... installed ... distributor cap have to come off ... in order to install the strut tower bar.

Also tack welded a long steel plate for connection points ... this will also serve az a hood latch mounting point as i had to cut off the original one ...

1327039241.jpg

Air cleaner installed.

1327039239.jpg

1327039243.jpg

1327039247.jpg

If i had ... a roll cage ... i would be using 1.25 round tubing instead of what i have used .... i would also use connection points through the firewall to bracing (obviously)

Painted the bars blue quickly to prevent rust over duration ... i love blue anyways lol

Also ... i will MIG weld the steel plate at firewall ... once i pull the engine again lol ( proper weld)

MMMMM Blue.

Haha

I love ... blue ... period ...

Exterior will be painted blue ...

blue accents in interior ...

engine will be painted blue ...

engine bay ... maybe silver? Idk yet. ... ideas laecaon?

You are to DTP :cool:

"i like this" :lol:

Thanks freak ... :cool:

I like that you like this ... :lol:

Vacuumed out mice poop and organized interior today. I did this in order to see if anyl possible patch welding is to be done beforemoving onto por-15 coating phase. I am getting ready to order some por-15 or eastwood products equilvalent soon... i am doing some more research before ordering to satisfy the system i will be using. I also need to decide if i will be extending the floor pan frame rails before coating anything in this "reasonably" priced precious chemical. :)

Also got a goodies in mail today ... my previous heater control panel was mutuilated <_<

Ebay find .... 240z heater control panel with switches , cablez , and heater vent attached got it at a good price, but unfortunately the bottom bezel in which the radio sits ... is cut out .... geee thanks ebay seller for disclosing ahead of time :rolleyes: ... got it for. 50 cents more than willing to pay though :lol: :)

A little fixing, and it shall work. Onto the pics! !! ...

1327637169.jpg

1327637175.jpg

1327637188.jpg

1327637172.jpg

1327637178.jpg

Anyone that has tried to buy these ... knows how much the price can fluctuate ... errrrr

Well ... today coated passengers side floor boards ... sealed seams before hand ... tubing structure to hold trans mount is welded in and sitting close to the trans tunnel ... just in front of the seat mount.

1327715647.jpg

1327715660.jpg

Picked up a 77 double scooped 280z hood ... this will go on later down the road :)

1327715651.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Floor pan repair attempt #1 ... lol .... not to bad, made some mistakes and improving method :)

Drivers side ... some glued? ... some rust lol ... thought i could get away with a patch until i replace entire section once car is driving and diagnosed. I was wrong lol. Mistakes are important to document.

IMAG1057.jpg

IMAG1058.jpg

IMAG1059.jpg

IMAG1060.jpg

IMAG1061.jpg

IMAG1062.jpg

IMAG1063.jpg

IMAG1069.jpg

I got carried away with welding ... der der ... lol ....18 gauge .... a touch to thick but its what i have.

IMAG1073.jpg

Attempt#2 is next ....

After attempt #2 ... occurred because 3/4 of the way through stitch weld .... i ran into a hidden rust patch lol .... cut it out and put a bigger patch in .... will cut all of this out later on ans put new preformed replacement pans in or just bend and install my own formed floor pans when i am ready .... i do not wish to cut out all of my floor pan area at this time ... since i have some square tubing welded on the inside of the floor pans ... later i will :)

Arc welder at 30amp ... lol ... MIG is down atm

IMAG1078.jpg

IMAG1080.jpg

IMAG1082.jpg

IMAG1083.jpg

IMAG1086.jpg

IMAG1090.jpg

Finish stitching in a bit. Ordering por15 for sure ... will be forming frame rails to drill, rivet,in and stitch weld next i think :)

Good enough for me Atm :)

I have to build a trans tunnel access cover still at this point , but do not wish to weld even lightly rusted metal ( not bad condition just pain in ass lol ) Building and welding in floor frame rails next .... i would attempt to shape/bend the metal normally, but in this case its easier for me to weld in individual sheets and then use por-15 once done weldind and satisfied ... obviously i am an amateur :).... i need to fix my mig :lol:

IMAG1100.jpg

Found more rusty metal ... so cut out drivers trans mount ... new metal going in ... fresh!

IMAG1101.jpg

IMAG1104.jpg

IMAG1106.jpg

IMAG1109.jpg

IMAG1110.jpg

IMAG1111.jpg