• no ... i love v8 swaps
    • yes ... traitor lolz
    • I like turtlez

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been chugging away ... small things here and there ... picked up electric fan ... with a shroud that happens to be almost perfect size for my 240z radiator ... fan blade width is 15.25-15.5 inches roughly ...

IMAG0914.jpg

IMAG0916.jpg

IMAG0919.jpg

Waiting to finish header clearancing and other unforeseen issue with them .... grrrrrrrrr lolz ... then test start .... everything ready to roll! !!

Fabbed and Welded up strut tower brace caps, brace bolt ears, work in progress ... this will be triangulated to the firewall in addition ... hehe ....

Stay tuned ...

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Ollz ... rip open like tuna can ollz

Mmmmmmmm love Bbc .... the sound! !!! Power! !!!

Stitch it up,triangulate,connector,ah heck tube frame it :lol:

The power,the sound,will be sure to palease...

I was looking at the wheelbase of the Z ... shame Datsun didn't put the wheel further forward. I imagine V8 would improve the balance considering how much of the six was in front of the wheels.

I love both engines ... ;)

I dug through my pics when u said this ... forgot i had these!

71 240z ... Gen I 350 Chevy ... ( its now 3/4" farther back since this pic) .... J I could run a smaller balancer to drop the engine another 7/8" ... but I prefer the larger factory balancer lol.... 5/8" clearancer between balancer and steering rack if wondering ;) ... Engine is offset to passengers side as well.

1326639892.jpg

73 240z daily driver ... L28 engine ... factory position :)... absolutely love the l28 ... mileage .. low end torque ... zx 5spd

1326639900.jpg

Strut tower cap looking things ... i built these to wrap like a cone around top of strut tower ... bolted down on top ... then pinch weld three connecting points at the base that allow the caps to come off (I may just MIG weld them in to be done with it) ... a strut tower bar will be built... attached ... then triangulation from each strut tower cap to centerish of firewall ... via two additional pieces of tubing ...

1326639898.jpg

1326642754.jpg

Still need to br finished ... final fitting ... ARC welded and ground down mostly ... these will get body-work when the rest of the car gets to that phase :D

i decided to span the load of the triangulation points across the firewall attachment ... as best i can before finishing ... this is due to the idea of sharing the load,across, and in the event of a bad wreck i do not wish for this to be a harpoon lol.

Building a rear ... strut tower bar ... it will be triangulated as well ... versus just a a single connection bar clear across the top... :)

Little things ...

Cut off hood latch retaining bracket ... will be relocated ... a few inches towards drivers side ... this is to allow room for distributor/maintenance purposes ...

1326778572.jpg

1326778577.jpg

Deleted/took out wiper washer tubes ... they are in the way for firewall bracing purposes either way

1326778584.jpg

Grade-8 hardware for installing strut tower bar ... lol

1326778566.jpg

1/2" I.D structural tubing pieces ... will be welded to the strut tower bar to allow removal.

1326778560.jpg

Grade-8 hardware bolted to ... 1/8 plating ... in which the ears will be welded to the strut tower caps

1326778589.jpg

Strut tower bar installed ... ears welded in ... bar itself is 1" diameter square tubing ... :)

1326778602.jpg

1326778599.jpg

Another angle ... looks tight ... plenty of clearance ;)

Not much ... re-cut ... shortened ... and re-welded the strut tower bar ... threw a coat of blue paint on it for heck of it, and to slow rusting lol .... blue my favorite Color.

I know for sure i will weld two more adajacent 1" square tubing pieces ... triangulated to firewall to make just an entire 1-piece setup ..... rather than 3 seperate pieces ...

I am much happier now with this result, and moving things around a bit ... :)

1326947004.jpg

On a seperate topic ...

Does anyone know ... if i can use 0-gauge insulated speaker cable wire for my possible battery relocation to the "trunk" ? ( trying to get ideas flowing mostly)

Is there a price friendly source ... to purchase very long battery cable lengths from? ( experience? )

Best route?

Thankyou