new guy from southern Idaho

Hello all datsun fans.

I just started replying on here a few days ago and realized it rude to do so without introduction.

My name's Bryan Bacon and I live in southern Idaho. I pastor/teach youth at a local church and work in production at a radio station. I've been a fan of datsuns for about 10 years as my buddy in college had a 510.

I bought my dime in 05 and my truck in 06. I hope to make some good acquaintanceships/friendships here on the forum. I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all datsun fans.

I just started replying on here a few days ago and realized it rude to do so without introduction.

My name's Bryan Bacon and I live in southern Idaho. I pastor/teach youth at a local church and work in production at a radio station. I've been a fan of datsuns for about 10 years as my buddy in college had a 510.

I bought my dime in 05 and my truck in 06. I hope to make some good acquaintanceships/friendships here on the forum. I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Welcome to RATSUN, We need pics of the dime and the truck.:D

thanks guys! Glad to be here and share in the datsun enthusiasm.

my 510 isn't as clean as it used to be- it's got like a year of dust on it! haha

I just had the flywheel resurfaced on the sr20 and I plan on getting a full gasket kit with seals and replacing all gaskets minus the head since it's been sitting so long... I just need to save up for a turbo(mine's seized), an intercooler, radiator, gauges, boost controller and then get it all bolted in and wired! this process could be slow since I'm the primary provider for my wife and FIVE kids. A little at a time.

wow, kimberly eh? im gonna be goin to twin falls this weekend with my 76 kc datto.

welcome to ratsun.

Hey Farmer Joe, if you're bored, you can come over to Kimberly and check out the sr20 swap progress! plus I'd love to see your datsun in person

Hey Farmer Joe, if you're bored, you can come over to Kimberly and check out the sr20 swap progress! plus I'd love to see your datsun in person

well i just had some stuff come up for this weekend, but im pretty sure that ill be down there next weekend. ill keep in touch with ya on here and maybe we can arrange somethin. id like to see that 510 and the 521.

schweet. yeah I'll check on here between now and then.

it might not have worked out this weekend anyhow since I'm trying to take the Idaho Star motorcycle course so I can get my endorsement and start rolling in my semi-classic VESPA scooter...(I don't know if I should have admitted that on here-haha!)

Very nice... A pastor with attitude, I like it.

Don't mean this to offend anyone, but I think it would be cool if you modified the speedo in the 510 to read up to say 140 mph, and then put "GODSPEED" at the 150 mark...

But, looks good. I like Vespas myself, so hopefully no-one will complain if I ask for a pic of it too... maybe with the Dattos in the background, just to be on the safe side.

Welcome.

Very nice... A pastor with attitude, I like it.

Don't mean this to offend anyone, but I think it would be cool if you modified the speedo in the 510 to read up to say 140 mph, and then put "GODSPEED" at the 150 mark...

But, looks good. I like Vespas myself, so hopefully no-one will complain if I ask for a pic of it too... maybe with the Dattos in the background, just to be on the safe side.

Welcome.

haha! that would be awesome!

truth is, I'm already "rollin' God's speed".

that's a good idea. I'll have to pose the vespa in front of my 521 or maybe in front of my friend's garage where my sr20 swap is happening...

WELCOME fellow datsun owner! You have the best of both worlds, a nice dime to drive on a nice day and a old truck to keep ratted out....unless you unrat it out? I like the rides.....keep us up to date on the progress!

May I give you a word of advice before you get your head bit off. Searching for your question before you start a new thread would be a good idea. Just don't be afraid to ask though if you cant find it, we are a wealth of information, and love to help!

Great looking datto's Like the words on the back of your 510 window. Brother

Born in Northern Idaho almost 36 years ago

Larry

thanks man. I believe a person should be proud of what things are most important/of interest in their lives

My God my family my ministry my job my datsuns!

thanks man. I believe a person should be proud of what things are most important/of interest in their lives

My God my family my ministry my job my datsuns!

Well said!

I'm from a little down in Northern Idaho.. Kendrick.. pop. 300.. I believe it's 330 now! I miss it.. stuck in Seattle for another 7 years.. then RETIRE to Coeur d'Alene area.

Well said!

I'm from a little down in Northern Idaho.. Kendrick.. pop. 300.. I believe it's 330 now! I miss it.. stuck in Seattle for another 7 years.. then RETIRE to Coeur d'Alene area.

that's cool. I really like Idaho.:)

oh yeah!

some of you guys might know the guy I bought my 521(pictured above) from!

on the NWDE.ORG forum his name was Labdork!

I think he bought the truck from ebay.

I'm going to see him this weekend about a roadster....