Phil's other 4 door

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah Phil, that sucks you had to borrow parts off the 2 door. but sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to keep going. if you want drilled poly bushings for your tc rods hit up Erik Carter I just swapped his out last weekend, but dont blame you on if you keep the adjustable ones on.

• 2 weeks later...

king at the nickel and dime

just as I suspected the oil pressure switch was at fault. Changed that. Oil light goes off.

ngk plugs, ngk ne64 wireset, cap and rotor with brass contacts.

swapped out the odd looking alternator with a reman ir zx alternator. New belt. Turns out the old alternator looks like a ka truck alt. It worked but I don't trust it and had spade connectors instead of a plug. Peace of mind...

your not going to like the intake manifold situation. I know I didn't

not looking forward to it. I imagine stripped and unmatched bolts. Exhaust flange is missing a bolt. So it leaks but I'll do that all at once.

yeah Phil, that sucks you had to borrow parts off the 2 door. but sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to keep going. if you want drilled poly bushings for your tc rods hit up Erik Carter I just swapped his out last weekend, but dont blame you on if you keep the adjustable ones on.

adjustable ones are nice and solid. I plan on slamming lower than my old 4 door.

not looking forward to it. I imagine stripped and unmatched bolts. Exhaust flange is missing a bolt. So it leaks but I'll do that all at once.

adjustable ones are nice and solid. I plan on slamming lower than my old 4 door.

you still gonna run the rewinds? i think im gonna buy another set. i miss em :crying:

lol. did you take it apart for round 2?

getting there, finished my rear crossmember, pulling the rear suspension and interior out tomorrow.

just collecting parts and trying to find a heater for my shop so i can get the bodywork and paint done.

• 2 weeks later...

got the gas tank switched out. i originally thought. i just needed a new filler hose turns out a nipple in the back broke off. the tank was rusty. kept filling filters with crud. i pulled my cherry tank from storage and pressure washed it. i get carried away doing thing right. i replaced all the evaporator hoses too. i should have no more leaks at all!!!! all new gas tank system. atom took pics of me. he might post them...

the car has a r180 diff. finally got around to drain it gear oil. no surprises. dark honey colored gear oil came out. filled it back up with amsoil severe gear. had luck with it in the past. while changing the oil had to get a new drain plug. couldnt get a socket on it. for it being so high up front it met with pavement at some point. refilled the steering gear box. was running low on fluid. adjusted it as well.

i had to take the gauge cluster out and solder the main power pin. dash power cut out at times. replaced all the bulbs. and cleaned up the circuit board. it had corrosion on the copper contacts.

Lookin good with the wheels. Will this get painted or will it be permanently ratty? Ratty is good for a daily. By the way the rear sat fabric looks like a couch at value village :)

honestly dont know. i do drive it every day. im really digging black 4 doors. rear seat is very old school.

the trunk needs attention now. i need to weld up the half ass attempt at cutting the spare tire well out by a moron

_MG_0155.jpg

_MG_0156.jpg

so yeah this is my current 4 door

atom let me have a compression tester today.

#1 180,#2 175,#3 175,#4 190. im very happy with those numbers. used l16 but not worn out...

3 datsuns in one pic! Damn I need to move closer to Portland. Not enough Datsun stuff going on out here.

you should. i was thinking next meet should be at the burger joint jem?

I think that is Atoms place. The 2dr and 521 are his.

yup atoms place. he has a nice camera :D

so the spare tire well is held in with duck tape? O_o

they took a cut off wheel to half of it. then maybe a different po duct taped it? haha. easy fix. my back cant handle it right now. doesnt bug me that much to be hurting for a week lol

Oh phil, south portland has a 510 (not on there website) that on sunday had its windshield, no cracks, dunno about foggyness, I dont think I inspected for chips... Thought you would like to know.

i reported on it in the junkyard thread. its a good one. but if i had the cash i wold yank the dogleg out of that car before the glass.

Def! Burger with fried egg?

thats how i roll. had one yesterday and today. im addicted. i guess make the suggestion. if you build it they will come