Phil's other 4 door

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil if you need some avocados, from Mexico and some cock, and then that 4 door wood be complete.

WOW need to open those pillar event holes.

avocados from mexico!!! made me laugh pretty good.

my time devoted to it so far has been to keep it on the road and make it reliable. now if i had some coronas and some of vickys special morning coffee i would be done!

good thing they cant weld. they should open up easily :D

• 2 weeks later...

the car had a early style gas door. and those have a specific lock cylinder that i dont have. the car is a 72 and it came with the lock but no gas door. i was digging threw stuff and found the gas door for my wrecked 71 .did a switcheroo. now i have a gas door with a lock. too many meth heads in vancouver

:blink:

also i found that the car had an early shift boot base with a late shift boot. did some more digging around. now i have the correct base and boot on the car. the old parts go into these same parts bins i take to canby. for sale

i lowered it about 3" all around. the rears i simply lowered the collars on the coilovers. it tucking tire. on the front i took some virgin nissan comp springs no one wanted :fu: and cut them to realistically unusable height. the front tire is now at the fender lip. i got tired of it looking like shit. it already handled very poorly. due to blown shocks and stock springs. the front has rca's. but they are definitively home made. i dont like them. i have the springs and sleeves also t3 rca's that are taller. guess i need inserts and camber plates.

who has ermish rear coilovers? what front insert are you running. im thinking koni yellows

are you sutre they are home maid . I thought they where the ones kelvin detes used to sell

yeah man home made. two pipes and two thick spacers tacked together. they work great but not enough for how low it sits. i was saving the t3 ones for the blue one but i think i will end up using them on this car. i need a 68 cross member for it

• 2 weeks later...

i cant leave stuff alone. the battery that came with this car has seen better days. it was good but the case leaked acid. sprayed half the passenger side with that battery cleaner acid neutralizer stuff. replaced anything battery related. new battery,new cables,new hold downs and studs. i should be worry free now not have to second guess old components. :D

Hey Phil, I have a couple spare crossmembers that we could modify to raise the stud holes to make a modified 68/69 crossmember. let me know, you got my number

i know . getting tired of this bumpsteer. and i want to go lower. been wanting to learn how to make heim joint lca's

i am surprised it lasted this long

it tested better than it was rated for!. sad to see it go. would make a great temp battery for a car that got pulled from the bushes