Phil's other 4 door

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a extra driveline if you need it just sitting outside the house. Need to clear it out, no room for it if you want it.

And funny ideas, im the stand up honest guy lol, im more worried about people messing with my cars, thats why the dime is going back in the garage tomorow. Im glad i am down a alley so people cant really see my 510 sitting outside.

I have some hood hinges, I still owe you a little something...if you want them, come get them.

Cool! Have to stop by and check the progress out

This makes me want to do some wire delete in my engine bay too!

I feel way better. You won't be disappointed . No jangly wires or dead components. Every wire and plug has a partner and it all works

looking good phil

Thanks man. Love it my project my way my own space

haha I was just thinking about hitting you up on that wiper motor today as a matter of fact.feel good to be driving a dime again??

Was at the wrecking yard and nothing so I need three one for you boaty and me.

I have a extra driveline if you need it just sitting outside the house. Need to clear it out, no room for it if you want it.And funny ideas, im the stand up honest guy lol, im more worried about people messing with my cars, thats why the dime is going back in the garage tomorow. Im glad i am down a alley so people cant really see my 510 sitting outside.

Sure any parts you want to give to this ratsun garage is fine by me. My good 510 is in the big shop barn. Can you say barn find lol. This car is is a pile for 99% of people. No one fucks with shit here. No close neighbors. And I'm just messing with you. Good to know you're close. I can't remember where you live. Lots of turns

i meant 142 haha.the white one might be too much for me. sounds like its owned by a deuchebag kid. although i love the looks of it. might have d-bag kid fixes on it. green one in eugene is the one.

thats the only other car ive really wanted in a long time. volvo 142. with dohc ka. cause the volvo engines are way too lame for me.

I too Like the 142....aka the coffin. Looks good low with Panasport wheels.... Built tuff.

yeah they look great!i really want one. one guy already came kicked tires.too rought for his wife? cant blame him. very devoted datsun people though. i already HAVE my dream 510.rhd 68 2 door! time to try another make. have e30 on mind too. dime's a dozen round here. plans still continue. going to slam it on coilovers soon as i can get ahold of mr2 inserts. already have everything else. eventually paint white. price will go up. regret selling the rat wont let this go for nothing. runs too good

look like in keeping it. way too many craigslist flakes. yes i said it flakes! lol. live true to its name (pile) i guess. slave went tits up causing the clutch to go out. the piston wouldnt slide back in. allowing the clutch to slip. the clutch disk was burnt up and the springs were popping out. people have good intentions but skimp out. pos no name stuff that failed here. japan made clutch installed. another aluminum body slave this time a better brand although i still dont trust the aluminum ones. also replaced the rear main and output shaft seal. both were hard as a rock.

couple days ago i noticed oil everywhere. two leaks front crank seal. did that and timing chain inspection cover. did that too. one thing i noticed early l16s have a thin stamped cover instead of the good thicker plate. the thin metal tweaks and leaks like a over-tightened oil pan. belt squeaks damn! no more leak but its dirty down there. oil protects from rusting! while under the car waiting for the clutch to arrive i checked out the steering components. looks like it got all replaced at one point in its life nothing worn out down there. except for a few cracked boots. took a grease gun to all zerk fittings. tried to undo the differential drain plug but a way stronger man than me tightened it. need a pipe wrench because its kinda rounded out now. ive been holding out on replacing the fuel filler neck. i have the new one from my blue two door. its hard to find. but im tired of smelling gas fume at times. probably do a 240sx filler neck on the blue so i wont need it really. recycle!

sorry guys no pics except for the one redbanner posted of me broke down at the gas station.

Gotta love craigslist flakes. Im not looking forward to it, but i got to post our washer and dryer up in a few days, my dad and mom are being really nice (to nice) and buying us a new washer and dryer, our old sets keep going out, so there getting us ones with a upable warranty after teh 3 year waranty expires, AWSOME! which is really cool of them to do for us, and the new lil one on the way. But the old dryer is not that old, its worth about 100 bucks, and the wahser about 65 bucks, but i do NOT look forward to the flakes on there or the people that will be like, ill give you 40 bucks for the dryer. Hate that shit. Any money i get goes to the 411 wagon fund.

my neighbor has tons of old (to him) dvd players, bluray, stereo equipment. He use to give it all to best buy but started giving it to me. I told him that I would split it with him when i sold it on craigslist but he said he doesnt care and just keep it. I have sold around 300.00 so far.

• 1 month later...

more updates but no pics.

I got tired of smelling gas so I decided to put my two doors new filler neck on. Hate doing that but I drive this every day. Well I thought yes! No more gas smell. Turns out I have two problems the filler neck and a fitting in the corner the P.O. Decided to glue on. Damn I have to use my two doors gas tank again.

all shocks are blown out. The two doors rear coilovers it is. Tc rods shot. Two doors t3 rods it is.

all the hoses were shot. One has let me down before. Installed gates radiator hoses and new Nissan heater hoses. I have to rebuild the heater box. But this one has a funky heater core. The one with a long hose. I've read about it before but I can't find the info again on what hose was used as a replacement.

the distributor cause me an expensive tow bill out of a very busy tunnel. Was very scary. I made the car run at home five minutes after being dropped off. No time to diagnose when you're life is at stake. Yesterday I decided to tackle the dizzy. Has a pertonix used liquid electrical tape to seal the wires coming out of the module. Had one get pinched and ground out. While it was out I noticed the shaft wouldn't spin freely. Come to find out the shaft had no lubrication and the mechanical advance was rusted in place. Lubed and greased everything. Car runs a lot smoother now.

oil pressure light comes on all the time since I fixed the connector to the sending unit. First thought is I'm fucked. Went to the junkyard and pulled a ka oil pump. Installed it with no problems. Light is still on. I know I'm getting oil up top and no knocking noises. At this point since the car sat for so long I'm thinking its the sending unit.

scored one side of hella e code lights.installed them on the driver side. H4 low and h1 high. One day I'll come cross the other side

so next project is new sending unit. Ballbearing kit for the weber dgv. The shafts are worn. Reseal the intake manifold. Have a slight leak. And replace the non Nissan alternator