I scored a 510 wagon !!!

Just get off your bum and get it done Mark! Oh btw, I am throwing back a few drinks for you down here. :lol:

Amigo have fun..your just a few hundred miles south of me :cool:

Jonesy510- did you remove any leafs & do you have a pic of the modded trans. tunnel ?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

naw i didnt take a leaf out.. kinda wanna but i think it sits fine for now and here are a couple of pics i have taken while back but i dont have any of the tunnel completed

3396600369_49c04b2e22_o.jpg

3396604813_6b43fe99a3_o.jpg

3396607987_0dba1d4f27_o.jpg

u can see all the places that my drive lined rubbed a lil bit. wen i cut the tunnel i came extremely close to my brake lines on the driver side and actually took a small piece of it off. i need to go back and cut further back towards the hatch because i still hit the rear end someplace. for rims im runnin sportmaxx 513's 15x7 +15 off set...i rolled my fenders cause my tires rubbed a lil bit... hmm wat else....i have to mod the back seat too...:mellow::mellow:i think thats it.... i would ask greengoon for more info about it because he doesnt have any clearance problems but he also cut a lot further back then i did..

how some of that helps..

Hey thanks gonna save those pix. I dont wanna get too involved on mine since it is a daily & i was gonna "leave it alone" ;) On to the next mod. Steroid gave me this air damm awhile back, it's meant for a Chevy van. He had cut opening for 620 front lights then gave it to me. Gonna try & make it fit the wagon. Did some mock up's & some trimming then started glassing the 2 pieces together. Perfect glassing weather too..bout 80 today :D...

1255719569.jpg

1255722731.jpg

& the Ratsun air fitting...

1255718230.jpg

Mark- love the air dam. Have always wanted one for mine but since I don't, maybe that's why I can make it up driveways?

Jonesy- that looks so familiar. I even cut my brake line as well:D One of these days I can get some more pics other than the ones on Cardomain. I removed my rear seat back and cut into the cargo area as well for the pumpkin. The seat cushion I removed the center area and it still looks and works like stock. I'm in the process of putting squishier bump stops from my truck on the goon. I had those little poly discs and its jarring when I come down hard.

mark, we're just waiting for you to find another driver and transform the goon. you know it'll happen:lol:

damn the air damn looks awesome!!! i want to order one for my goon. and as far as cutting over the pumpkin im not sure if i wanna cut that far.. its kinda nice not having anyone in the back.. plus i was thinking of mayb later down to road try to make sink two 10 in subs into the seat and using it as a speaker box. :lol: but im not sure how it will effect the sound quality of the speakers

Dwayne- the driveway deal will be fun for me if im ever able to hang the air dam..:rolleyes:

Jonesy- with just a few lbs. of air it gets the car off the bumpstops & she rides really good. Not sure of the brand but check it out...

http://www.shockshopusa.com/air-shocks.html

also the compressed height of the air shocks i have is 13 1/2 which is the same as the factory shocks.

The shocks are either Gabriel or Monroe. Just Checker/Schucks/Kragen (whatever you call it) specials. For Mark's, they were the recommended size in the book for the 510, but when I went lower, I used the chart and went with the smallest shock I could get with the stud on top and the eye on bottom. Not sure what car they should have gone on.

Freakin loving the new shocks. They hold air fine & as i said before the ride is close to stock. As we speak im glassing in the light cutouts & the remainder of the center section on the air damm. Not hot today so wont set up as fast but thats ok. Ill mock it up again & snap pics soon.

As promised more pix. The damm will sit back a few inches & will actually flex when I install it....

1256082242.jpg

& this is more like it'll look. Have more trimming to do & then ill fab mounting brackets. My plan is to mount it without drilling holes in the valance....

1256082237.jpg

OK got the dam on, the brackets work ok for now & i had to drill 1 hole right behind the plate so it's hidden. Needs more bodywork still & 2 more brackets will be made & it'll sit back closer to the valace then...

1256169837.jpg..

Next is the driveway test..:rolleyes:

theres about 20 small yards on the street including this one :D

Ah, another advantage of living in So Cal :cool:

Mark, your goon looks great with the air dam! And the stockers look nice too. I like those hubcaps better than the later year that I have.

Thanks guys. Most of the yards on that sell newer cars that have been "lightly rolled over". The other ones dont let you go in & are priced way too high. Dwayne, i'd much rather have my Libre's back on but tires will be a few pennies..;)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok the time has come to replace the oil pan gasket in the wagon. From what ive read the best way is to drop the center steering link& the crossmember. 71 dimer [mario] told me he did his years ago by just dropping the oil pan but it was difficult. Id rather not dismantle the steering link if possible seeing as i only have a few hours to do the repair. anybody have any tips or tricks they can share ?

remove the 2 14mm nuts that are on the motor mounts get a piece of wood 2x4x 12in place it inbetween your jacl and your pully and jack the motor up enough to where the head hits the firewall and loosen up all the 10mm bolts around the oilpan and u should be able totwist and turn it rite out with the motor bein lifted

remove the 2 14mm nuts that are on the motor mounts get a piece of wood 2x4x 12in place it inbetween your jacl and your pully and jack the motor up enough to where the head hits the firewall and loosen up all the 10mm bolts around the oilpan and u should be able totwist and turn it rite out with the motor bein lifted

I have done it this way too. Its a pain in the ass making sure that the new gasket is lining up during reassembly. It worked though.