SR 510 crushed by cops in CA

So im in the process of doing an SR swap into my 510 and i just purchased a r200 from a gentleman and when he asked what i was going to put in my 510 i told him an SR and at that poing he looked at me funny and said be carful then proseaded to tell me that he had multiple friends that had 510's with SR's and when the cops saw the car they simply crushed it no questions asked. is this true? in California i know its illegal to put a modern motor in any car with out making them pass smog but idk i would think they would only crush your car if they caught you racing.... im kinda trippin right now lol

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck California regardless if it's true. Fucking broke-ass NAZI anti-car state. I've only heard about them crushing cars found street racing or with illegal parts on them. But you never know.

Smoke a bowl dude and relax. they don't crush your car no questions asked. your friend is full of shit. most guys with SR 510's drive like Fucking morons. they blow tire leaving every meet. i see it all of the time. don't be one of those 510 drivers and you wont have a problems with the police! remember this math 610>510. Peace!!!

just don't drive like a dick and you wont have problems. it is simple. 610's are throw away cars.... lol. funny stuff there. aside from slight sheet metal changes your 510 is pretty much the same piece of shit then. i think you should think before you open your cock holster! lol

• Like 3

>510 :fawkit:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

B210

If 610's wouldnt of all been grocery getters and destroyed from familys unlike 510's, then we woudl see them running around with sr's and getting shit done like crazy and getting crushed. Comparing 510's and 610's and 411's and 620's is just stupid. Real datsun enthusiasts dont talk shit about other datsuns, so either get with it, or get out.

Girls!

• Like 4

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

B210

heeyyy buddy thats not nice.

People got to remember, the 2 cars that really started it, the z and the dime, their the most known in datsun/nissan history. But like i said, real enthausiasts dont talk shit about other datsuns, everyone got their own taste, and they are all awsome cars. Hell even the ugly datsuns are awsome. Hell i didnt care for 411's, and now that im buying one ive really got into them. I never really was into 610's, but after my dad got his, man i love the lil things. But none is better than another, all have faults. So lets not get a pissey match over this. Otherwise i Dan, call the all mighty SKIB, and his hammer of the BAN to grace this thread and all who bring hell.

• Like 1

Dan you don't count look at the time. You lose by default. Yes in California and Oregon I believe if you swap a 510 you have to carry over the donors emission components. Hey I eat sleep Breathe 510. Someone singled it out. I haven't singled out any Datsun just implied.

• Like 1

lol suck it phil lol. I was waiting for someone to mention the time, and i havent taken my pills yet so :-p. I love washington state, when i move back to oregon all the cars will be reged at my dads house. Not looking forward to moving back to beaverton next year :( i love vancouver.

Phil you get a rep point for your powers of, OBSERVATION!!!!! Your one of the few i let poke at me because i know your a good guy so ;)

It's simple. If you get stopped and the cop wants you to pop your hood, you look at him and say "Sir, I don't submit to any unconstitutional searches or seizures." Don't even mention a warrant, no threatening to call your lawyer, nothing. Just those exact words.

If they threaten to impound your car, you repeat the statement and call a friend to come pick up the vehicle.

California is such a fuck wit state. Two things happened when they started crushing cars; some street racers left the scene, and the ones that didn't became all the more desperate. The end result, fewer racing related accidents, but far more severe ones.

Unless the cops can prove you're running stolen goods in your ride, they can't legally seize/crush your car (although, if you don't stand up to them, they'll try to do it just to be fucks).

Keep a record and receipts of where you got your parts. Keep a record of serial numbers, etc. Never let a cop search your vehicle, or even look at anything that is not in plain sight (having Officer Bob crawl under your car and look up into your engine bay IS NOT PLAIN SIGHT.

If you're really worried about it, you might also want to get an in car camera and get into the habit of pressing record every time you go driving. Or find one that automatically starts recording when it powers on; look for one that also automatically starts over writing the oldest data when the memory fills up.

i'm not sure if this one is automatic record and/or over-write; this is just an example of what I'm talking about. Avoid going cheap on this as well if you do it, you want nice clear video:

http://www.zetronix.com/Car-Cameras/c59/Ultra-Wide-Angle-High-Definition-Car/Truck-Dash-DVR-Dash-Camera(199)/product_info.html

Lastly; avoid getting into any "races" with.. well.. anyone. Cali cops are well known for their fucking baiting cunts. They'll get down on a popular cruising strip and pay some fuck wits a few bucks to go rev their engines at people. When someone decides to try and race the bait, the cops drop out of the sky in a fucking rain of pork.

• Like 2