newbie with a 610

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK OK I will dig out the cam and clik sum piks................ but the question remains is the stock carb worth rebuilding????? smog stuff is not a issue here in rural Oklahoma. Performance and gas milage is , gas is 3.22 for premium and diesel is 3.84 a cup full

I think a weber is a good idea. I hear the stock carb is a pain to rebuild cause it has a ton of parts, and the time you would have into it, you'd be better off getting a little performance boost by slapping on a webber.

Not sure what the gas mileage difference would be though!

Go here: http://www.photobucket.com Follow instructions to join and start your own account, IT'S FREE!, load your pictures there, then pick off the one you want to show, come to Ratsun, click on the little blue/green planet thingie below the happy face when writing a reply and download your picture into your post. I'm no expert but even I got it right the first try. Just follow instructions... easy.

• 3 weeks later...

or u could do this, post pic's right on the thread:::::: very easy, japaneezze

If you'd like to include pictures within your posts and/or would like to maintain your own independent photo album, this guide is for you. (This will also allow people to see your images without having to be logged in).

There are many places to host pictures including Yahoo!'s flickr.com, Google's Picasa and Photobucket. I'll focus on the later, as it's the easiest to suss out for posting pictures on a forum such as this one.

1. The first step is obviously to create an account on your desired image host. For this example we're using Photobucket. Navigate to http://photobucket.com and click the "join now" button. Fill out the signup form to start your account.

2. Now that you've started an account, you can upload photos to your album. Go to "My Account" and you'll be presented with the option to upload pictures. If you don't see a link for "My Account," go back to the front page http://photobucket.com/ and you'll see it as a tab, or you'll need to sign in. Once you've clicked the link, you'll see a few buttons which read "Choose Fle." Click them and select the picture(s) you'd like to upload, when you are done choosing the pictures to upload, click the "Upload" button. Once the status bar reaches 100%, you'll have photos in your album!

3. Scroll down in your album, and you'll see the images you just uploaded. Underneath each image should be various shortcuts, the one we're interested in for posting on this forum is "IMG Code." Copy that content and paste it into your posts -- it's that easy.

Very clean, straight for sure. Go with the Weber, it is the easiest bolt on with adaptor to your existing manifold, or you could get a Cannon manifold, but if you need to just get a carb, the adaptor is way cheaper than the manifold. Welcome to the Ratsun Community!

Does anyone know who sells new heater cores for 610 wagons?

Is there a radiator shop that is local to you? They may be able to fabricate one for you, using your old one as a template. Or I may have a used one that will do in a pinch. What is broken on yours?

Guest jaimesix

Hi.

I am a new member with a 610 too.

I like your wagon, it is so cool, and mostly unusual these days. I love it. I am looking and watching, as soon as a cool 610 or 710 station wagon crosses my path, I will get it.

What is wrong woth your carburetor? Performance wise, a Weber 32/36 ( progressive ) is the best choice for starters. Up the ladder comes the 38 DGES ( synchroneous ) by Weber. Both are downdraught carburetors.

From then on, sidedraught Webers/Mikunis/Dellortos/Solex carburetors are great. The S/Us are great too, but not easily found in the US, specially for 4 cyl Datsuns ( Datsun "Z" / 6 cyl cars had S/Us in the begining here in US ).

Now,if your need is to improve your mileage and high performance is not a concern ( I mean performance as in modified engine high performance.) ,if you are looking for good overall performance on a stock engine, rebuilding your stock carburetor is great, provided you are doing it. (or a person you can trust).

Reason why is that ( as painfully experienced ) carburetor shops are great scammers, doing minor repairs they call "overhaul" ( like changing that "carburetor Kit scam stuff, top gasket, float needle and that is it...) and charging a lot of money for that. For a scammy 250 dollar "carburetor rebuilt" of a job... adding with 100 bucks more will get you a brand new Weber 32/36.

I have rebuilt several carburetors myself ( Datsun B210, Subaru Brat,Suzuki Samurai ) and only dilligent and complete disassembly of the carburetor will permit dipping in acid and cleaning of all and every one of the passages in that carburetor.

The result is impresive. A thorough and dilligent rebuilt ( the real one ) brings the carburetor back to brand new state. The savings are incredible ( all you need is the gasket kit, carburetor kit/float, a can of carburetor acid and your time and patience ) and the results, as already mentioned, awesome. Carefull notes as you disassemble the unit will assure you an easy re assembly.

The stock Hitachi carburetor is great a carburetor, for a stock engine, it is great. I would use the savings on doing the rebuilt myself for a header and better ignition components.

Now, if money is no object, buy a Weber 32/36. Do not send your carburetor to a carburetor shop for rebuilding, even if money is no object, because all that money will not help you with the headaches and anxiety a bad rebuild unit will bring into your life.

If you have no issues with smog, then re route the engine breather hose ( back of engine, towards firewall) and the valve cover hose into a catch can. You will keep all that gunk off your carburetor improving performance and durability.

Nice wagon, I love it!

Jaime.________________________________________________________

• 3 weeks later...
Weber on the way. Thinking Pertronix next , or electric fan for better economy.

I say go for the gold and look for an Electronic distributor from a 1977-1979 200SX or 1978-1980 620 Truck. Best investment you'll ever make.