newbie with a 610

Oh man I know it has been said before and will again, but you will LOVE that weber! I just put it in teh 521 last week and can't believe what a difference it has made.

The idle is soooo much smoother, and I barely have to choke now. Before it, I had to keep the choke cracked to keep it running. And I haven't even put in my EI yet. Coil is on the way to me, so will have the best of both worlds soon!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

Very nice. Checked the pictures. And it is stick shift, that is awesome, most all wagons I see are autos.

These engines are very strong. Only maintenance and that is it, reliable.

Change cooling hoses,clean the radiator , or replace it is bad. Valve adjustment to make sure it is within standards. Upon changing the oil, since you just bought it.....since we do not know the oil changing habits of these wagon's previous best friend... good idea to use one can of oil system cleaning/detergent. Follow the instructions on the can, it will free your engine , oil pan and oil passages of gunk and oil mollases that could be accumulating in there.

A Weber carburetor, headers ( there are headers available for your ride ), Petronix, or better still a electronic distributor like William said and it will roar like the best of sports cars.

A cool steering wheel will add confort , steer response and sports looks.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

Well I have the new Weber "mounted" at least. Have to go into town for some new fuel line to finish it up and then figure out how many of the loose hoses and holes have to be plugged or rerouted. Decided to change out the thermostat while i was under the hood and snapped both bolts off in the housing. I gues it goes in my lunch box and to work with me tomorrow.

Decided to change out the thermostat while i was under the hood and snapped both bolts off in the housing. I gues it goes in my lunch box and to work with me tomorrow.

Ughh! Been there and done that! I think a lot of us have. What a pain. Hopefully you just broke the top bolts? I had to totally cut out the side of the bottom housing in order to expose the long bolt enough to get it off the head.

Yes it was just the top two , got the lower off of the block no problem. Got the bolts out after a little stay in the heat treat oven then a little time on a mill. Beadblasted and reinstalled now. Hopefully I can gather up the rest of the hoses and hardware on the way home tomorrow to get the waggin running. Got my Sporty running this evening so the big truck can stay home.

Great find, I love them wagons. Is that an L18 engine? If you don't need to

smog get the 32/36 weber. If you do get the 32/36 get the one piece adapter. Stay away from 34/34 as advertised as weber, they are fakes.

Gott'er goin. I think. Rucked up the new fuel pump by hooking the carb up direct. Never would keep primed after that. New NGK wires and plugs. I have not drove it since but boywonder has and it sounds goooooood. I got on him about hotrodding it through the creek , cause i can hear him coming back from a long ways off. Sure is taking a while took drink up a full tank of gas now.... but that is a beautiful thing.