Project BOOGER!!!

Booger

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a quick video of the first start up......

Sounded a little funny because....... 1. I had the fuel lines reversed poke.gif 2. I didn't have an exhaust on it at the time of the video.....

time for some more pixxxxxxxxxxxxx

finished wiring up the speedo and tach.....

tachinplace.jpg

backviewofgauges.jpg

ugggghhhhhh freaking wiring frantics.gif

wiring1.jpg

ecu/inline relay

fuse.jpg

fuseboxh.jpg

awww........its starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere

frontink.jpg

I decided to take off the valve cover and prime it...

vavlecover.jpg

and then paint herthumbup.gif

vavlecover2.jpg

After the valve cover dried, I slapped it back on the engine

greenvalveonengine.jpg

lookingy.jpg

getting closer.......twofinger_salute.gif

verynice.jpg

almostu.jpg

I picked up a new header cool.gif

headercps.jpg

headerin.jpg

after getting the car started and running, I noticed that the front main seal was leaking. Having said that, I had to pull the lights off, grill, and the radiator just to get to the front main seal and have enough room......

frontmainleaking.jpg

Cleaned the front main.......

cleanedfrontmain.jpg

and then replaced blink.gif

replacedfrontmain.jpg

After I fixed the front main seal, I decided it was time to tackle the alternator/pulley. As some of you already know, the Nissan ka24de requires the power steering pump belt to turn the water pump. NOW HERES HOW TO GET AROUND THAT!!! You'll need to locate a stock SOHC ka24. Then your gonna need to pull the following off the SOHC: upper thermostat housing, upper alternator bracket, lower alternator bracket etc....

Doing this will relocate your alternator further out so it lines up with both the water pump and the crank. This will eliminate the power steering belt which in this case, would be useless with my 510. Pictures below.......lemme know if you have any questions.....

DOHC bracket and SOHC bracket. notice the differences....

bracketsej.jpg

SOHC housing is already installed on the motor, and I'm holding the DOHC housing. Notice how far the DOHC sticks out!? You'll need the SOHC housing because it wont interfere with the belt.

thermostathousing.jpg

And heres the finished product biggrin.gif

beltqk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to use my old K&N air filter off my Subaru and mate it with the motor......AGGHHHH always modifying stuff on this 510 haha

airfilter.jpg

After that, I went to Lowes in search for intake tubing. I found some rubber hose with the proper bend and with some quick modification, it was slapped together

cool.gif I even

made a small bracket so the little sensor could be mounted on it.....

intakeb.jpg

finishedintake.jpg

next task was the pedal.....

stock nissan pedal (right) and stock 510 pedal (left)....

pedal1p.jpg

and the pedal welded right up :)

weldedpedal.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't posted any updates/pictures on this forum for awhile. Enjoy....

I started out by making a center cover for the inside....

centerg.jpg

then I went to my local pick and pull and I picked up a shift boot.

boottx.jpg

center2l.jpg

center3.jpg

center8.jpg

I decided to do a little bit of painting :D

booger.jpg

after all the "custom" painting was over, I wanted to fab up a little front a rear tow hook :)

(both were out of my 69 Volkswagen bug lol)

reartow.jpg

A little paint.....

fronttow.jpg

rear hook lol (and yes, I secured it after this photo was taken)

rearhook.jpg

decided to pick up a carpet from a local Ratsun member. Thanks

carpet.jpg

front and rear carpet completed...

carpet2c.jpg

I wanted a stereo BUUUUUTTTTT.....I didn't want the stereo. Having said that, I hooked up my ipod/iphone to an AMP, then hooked up the AMP to 2 speakers I had laying around.....the original "mock-up" looked something like this lol.....

iphonehookup.jpg

After I calmed down from being surprised because 1. the amp actually worked, and 2. the speakers worked flawlessly with my ipod....I started my instillation.

wiringon.jpg

speakersw.jpg

So all of you understand....all I have to do when I wanna listen to music is hook up the headphone jack thats connected to the AMP to my iphone/ipod and press play. cool.gif

and here she is at her first event

photovq.jpg

• 2 months later...

its been a while since ive updated this thread. Here's a list of the newest accessories:

New Nissan engine mounts

Modified engine mounts so the motor sits lower

custom transmission mount

brand new steering kit (complete)

New steering box brace

New adjustable lower control arms

New bumpsteer spacers

New Wilwood 4 wheel disc brake kit (complete)

Rota RB wheels (15x7)

New adjustable T/C rods

New trailing arm bushings

New rear crossmember bushings

New differential bushing

New steel braided break lines

Here are a couple pictures I managed to snap real quick. I'll post some more soon

Front Wilwood rotors/calipers

20120112235934218.jpg

20120112235923712.jpg

Heres one of the rear Wilwood Calipers.....

2012011223144792.jpg

Break lines

mailej.jpg

Rota RB Wheels....

photo0044f.jpg

New wheels on the car. The car is raised up a little....

20120109192329957.jpg

New T/C rods

20120112235948790.jpg

Steering

20120112235957562.jpg

Trans mount

20120113110042727.jpg

20120113110050857.jpg

20120113110103895.jpg

20120113110118385.jpg

Damn,so sweet I'd eat that booger! Really though great work here. And one of the crazier stock colors. Like Datsun's grabber green!

thanks, however the paint looks WAY better in the pictures laugh.gif. Having said that, a new paint job will come soon biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

dyno numbers coming later this after noon. I first had my car dyno'd with the stock ka24de exhaust manifold and a 2" pipe into a stock 510 muffler. The second dyno was done (3 months later after upgrades) with a K&N intake, header, 2.5 inch exhaust into a magaflow muffler. I'll post my dyno print out this afternoon. biggrin.gif

Below is the dyno sheet. As you can see there are two different dyno passes with two different sets of power. The first was with stock parts (listed in the previous post....130hp/ 141 torque) and the second one (151hp/146 torque) is with the upgrades listed above. What kind of numbers are you guys getting from your ka's? Just curious....Do you think I can squeeze out a couple more,,,,thumbup.gif??

marcusb510.jpg

I always sigh when a new guys rips apart a 510 not long after he gets it, because the projects usually don't get finished..............but I must give you congratulations, because the car is turning out really nice. Good job on what you've done so far, it's really coming together.

• Like 1

That dyno run almost makes it look like there is VVT on the second run, the way it breaks off the same general HP line at 4300RPM.

Nice car and nice engine work!

Dan

Oh I forget to mention that the stock exhaust that I had on also had a gasspack. Idk if that makes a difference too, but I know it adds a lot of back pressure lol.

I always sigh when a new guys rips apart a 510 not long after he gets it, because the projects usually don't get finished..............but I must give you congratulations, because the car is turning out really nice. Good job on what you've done so far, it's really coming together.

I really appreciate that. I've been wrenching on this car for some time. It'll get there someday. :D

Yeah, this is my sentiment exactly! Great job! Now, more pics!!!

could just about mistake that for Kawasaki Lime Green but not quite what is the colour code for this Datsun Green?

I have no clue. I've been trying to figure that out since I purchased the car. I might have to go to a paint shop and try and match the color. Repainting the car is next on my list. biggrin.gif