Monkey's leavin the ZONE

Autozone twofinger_salute.gif

Got a text from my buddy early this morning that the shop across the street from work, one of our commercial customers and a great shop that's saved my ass a few times, sent someone over to find me this morning. Told everyone they're gonna poach me out from under Autozones feet and want me to come work for them full time as a tech and service writer. twofinger_salute.gif

I pulled in to talk to them and the shop manager walked up with an application in hand and had me fill out some paperwork on the spot. I was told to expect double my current pay over there.

Fawk yeah! Got access to a full service shop including tons of welders, mandrel benders, and lifts thumbup1.gif

One of the techs also is the one that bent and welded/hung my exhuast and repaired my A series head when a thermostat housing bolt snaps, and is an EX Datsun mechanic.

Just waiting on a phone call with some details.

Edited by metalmonkey47
  • Like 7
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck, mang. I went to the zone today and bought a can of paint cuz it's right down the street, and as usual just felt a little worse for the wear when I left (the clientele at ours will make you wanna hurl) .. but at least the Rustoleum don't know the difference! My new (old) grille be lookin' like a boss!

Don't quit till you try the new job for a few days.......... :cool:

My advice: If you CAN, just have them take you off the schedule. Don't actually quit. That way, you still are on payroll "just incase", and you still get the employee discount :cool: .

I still get free beer and pizza at one of my old jobs. :devil:

In this case, since they're a commercial customer of ours, I can't keep working at Autozone, but I plan on giving them 2 weeks notice as soon as the shop gives me the go ahead and has me on their payroll. Since I'm giving them notice, I'll be on the re-hire list just in case I ever need a job again.

I have a 20% discount right now through Autozone, but buying things through a commercial price, I'll have the best price all around cool.gif

Nice.. how long did u work at the zone for? I know i did a year at the zone then 4 at Kragen/oreilly.. and now its been 1 year at a shop.. Its much much funner and better! CONGRATS!!!!

I've been in the zone FAR too long. Its been just over a year.

I just HATE the local clientele. A lot of our customers are fucking morons. That and I hate COC and WITTDTJR (if ya get what I'm saying fellow zoner.)

I've been in the zone FAR too long. Its been just over a year.

I just HATE the local clientele. A lot of our customers are fucking morons. That and I hate COC and WITTDTJR (if ya get what I'm saying fellow zoner.)

Haha.. I duz.. lol... yeah i was 17 when i started the zone and didnt like the asshole customers..then at kragen got better but still shit idiots coming in.. so now i just see the stupidity that some people put their car thru and just lul while i fix em...

I can't remember what those acronyms stand for, but I know I don't like them! Good job monkey! Make sure you don't burn any bridges though in case you need to go back or find the new one isn't for you. Doubt that's the case, but never good to burn bridges.

Hmmm... Mebbe change name from metalmonkey to rockmonkey! Get it?.... Cuz you rock. Now go get that tatoo, and then get friendly wit dat mandrel bender. I get tha heebiejeebies just going into AZ on the rare occasions as a customer, can't imagine working there. Way to tough it out man.

• Like 1

I can't remember what those acronyms stand for, but I know I don't like them! Good job monkey! Make sure you don't burn any bridges though in case you need to go back or find the new one isn't for you. Doubt that's the case, but never good to burn bridges.

What It Takes To Do The Job Right, COC i cunt remambur....

Nice!!!

Into the real Autozone.. :cool:

Funny thing is the one by my house is hirring. :unsure:

I have never seen an autozone without the "now hiring" sign.

My friend walked into one looking for a job, he got this "oh we arent hiring, we are just told to keep that sign up at all times."

So this opportunity turned into shit. dry.gif

I spoke to a tech this morning and found out after offering me a job, they hired someone ELSE, and never bothered to mention a damn word to me.

Whatever, the job search is on! The zone is one of the worst, most god awful places I've ever had to work. Applying at all the local shops and I'm gonna call them and bug the shit out of 'em till I get a job cool.gif