300zx

izzo

Just scored a 300zx for a friend of mine. It was two houses down with a car cover over it, dunno what year. Only issues were it had a dead battery and a dent in the qtr panel. its gold in color, t tops, owner said it had a "bitching betty" in it..

I fired it up for a minute just to see how it ran, got it for 575. Has 100k miles on it, its pretty clean. New clutch. decent tires..

Question is, im assuming he is meaning this car has that talking thing over the stereo? Whats that about? This model have the digital dash? (i didn't have time to look, just turned key, it fired up i hopped out...)

no pics, sorry bishes..

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Z31 chassis.

Those things are pretty cool. I think only '84-85 had what he calls the 'bitching betty' and digital dash. I've never seen a digital dash in one of those that worked right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xH-wF2-34Y

I did see a 'new in box' replacement dash for the Z31. Dude had a buy-it-now ebay auction for FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS and the damn thing sold!

Ok

so it has the bitching betty, but no digital dash. I took it for a run down the back roads and got on it. Shit gets quick! So charging the battery, voltage is right so i know the alt is good.

Only things i noticed, its at 115k miles. Not bad! The lifter ticks on it, not sure if its sticky or what. but it sat for 4 months. And the valve cover gaskets leak. Pics coming up