Australian V8 Supercars

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:hyper: Heck yes!! Gotta love the Aussie V8 Supercars. Waayyy better than NASCARs driving around a toilet bowl... haha

How the fuck NASCAR has the fans it does just blows my mind. It is the most boring sport there is. Well close to golf... round and round round and round and round andround and round and round and... Same chassis, same motors, same transmissions/rear ends... same everything. So everyone is equal??? What is the point of being equal?? Why inovate it next year everyone will have it or it's taken away? Fords don't even have Ford motors in them. Restrictor plates? It's so fucked up. They should all have the same Barbi Corvettes to peddle around and around and around....

• Like 1

Personally I wish they'd actually come back out with stock cars. Literally, a production line vehicle with safety stuff installed. Then it at least would be the best one wins. But still, roundy round is boring, though some of my buddies who do it tell me it is pretty fun. I suppose any racing is better than none at all.

How the fuck NASCAR has the fans it does just blows my mind. It is the most boring sport there is. Well close to golf... round and round round and round and round andround and round and round and... Same chassis, same motors, same transmissions/rear ends... same everything. So everyone is equal??? What is the point of being equal?? Why inovate it next year everyone will have it or it's taken away? Fords don't even have Ford motors in them. Restrictor plates? It's so fucked up. They should all have the same Barbi Corvettes to peddle around and around and around....

That's the reason it is so popular because it is so simple and easy for the standard idiotic NASCAR fan to understand. My dad gives me shit all the time for not watching NASCAR and not being Patriotic/American enough. I keep telling him I would rather watch the World Challenge or American Le Mans series. At least the cars in those series are the actual cars you can buy and not the same chassis/body mold with for every manufacturer with just different stickers on them.

I also remind him that I served in the military and he didn't :-)

I love the V8 supercars they are badass but to say Nascar is boring is not true I pit crewed for 3 years and as easy as you would think it would be to drive in circles it isnt alot of work goes into making the car work right and the amount of technology that goes into them is more than you think alot of aero and suspension developement and the engine programs are crazy almost 10k rpm for 500 miles is crazy.... I always have been more of a road raced type of guy or even better a WRC fan but once you emerse yourself into the sport its a different story. the teams still have to use the floor pan from the car they represent and the engines still have to be based on the manufactures design. Just my .02 cents

Clayton

Ford executives had to make a decision. What went where...

America got the Taurus...

2012-Ford-Taurus.jpg

Australia got the Falcon...

Ford-Falcon-FPV-Boss-335-GT.jpg

Fuck you Ford.

We got one goodie....

Aussies got the Holden/Vauxhall Monaro with a 5.7L LS1

Vauxhall-Monaro_V8_2005_1024x768_wallpaper_01.jpg

USA got the Pontiac GTO with a 6.0L LS2 cool.gif

2006-pontiac-GTO.jpg

Ford executives had to make a decision. What went where...

America got the Taurus...

2012-Ford-Taurus.jpg

Australia got the Falcon...

Ford-Falcon-FPV-Boss-335-GT.jpg

Fuck you Ford.

We got one goodie....

Aussies got the Holden/Vauxhall Monaro with a 5.7L LS1

Vauxhall-Monaro_V8_2005_1024x768_wallpaper_01.jpg

2006-pontiac-GTO.jpg

I like the v8 supercars, just dont like watching speed channels time edited brodcast. It really pisses me off. What about F-1? Love it. Spa was the last race. What a sweet track. Should be going to Austin next year for the kickoff there.

Jeff

watching practice from Monza right now ;) F1 is badass

HSV (Holden Special vehicle) 6L V8 Maloo ute. Fuck you GM! these should be state side. El Camino... :cool:

723654d1300285485-carcar-112_0712_07z-holden_hsv_maloo_r8-front_three_quarter_view.jpg

GM would still be a viable company if they'd just bring EVERYTHING Holden offers over to America. What was the last one? The Ute/SSR? Would have been a big seller if they didn't bitch the price and charge $36k for the base model. Stupid fucks. The Ute in Australia was only like $19k.

We got one goodie....

Yes, a GTO with some of the most bland, down syndrome looks of any "muscle car" besides the 90's Camaros. At least the engine and transmission were fucking bitchin'.

haha, i love nascar too and some f1 or rolex sports car series but what i love most is some good old dirt oval racing. i maintain and basically do everything but drive a dirt modified so it becomes more a part of you than just a hobby.

and in my opinion we should have gotten the hsv maloo ute.

Yes, a GTO with some of the most bland, down syndrome looks of any "muscle car" besides the 90's Camaros. At least the engine and transmission were fucking bitchin'.

May be bland LOOKING, but when you punch the throttle and 400 horses (or goats more appropriately) put you in the seat, looks go out the window.

Besides, we have Datsuns for looks twofinger_salute.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I like the v8 supercars, just dont like watching speed channels time edited brodcast. It really pisses me off. What about F-1? Love it. Spa was the last race. What a sweet track. Should be going to Austin next year for the kickoff there.

Jeff

Wow, I post this and just saw a commercial on speed for a live supercar brodcast!!! V8: Bathurst 1000, Gold Coast 600 Live On SPEED

The announcing will be suspect with DW down there though :(

Just thought I would update this.

JEff

. Restrictor plates? It's so fucked up. They should all have the same Barbi Corvettes to peddle around and around and around....

Corvette racing ALMS GT2 corvettes had 2: 28mm restrictor plates and STILL made 450hp( for the 2010 season)... just saying lol

gt2_10.jpg

These guys were running 1 minute 11 second laps at Road Atlanta during the 24 hours of LeMans in 2010 when I worked on the #3 car team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJy3lrXuMeU&feature=BFa&list=FLdAkkm8nCoVAWklCN02yMBw&lf=mh_lolz

412_img.jpg

Nascar isn't the only one with restrictor plates...