Alex's red 4 door

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the green wire that is melting for

the halos.. work..err used to work of the high beam switch

Um Tendril, that melted wire is not the headlight wire... its the parking lights wire. And the parking lights dont need 10ga wire....

I know this, I was referring to the headlights in general, this is just what I read looking back yes I see it's not the HL wires,

Can't really see the halo wiring just stating what I thought it should be

I know this, I was referring to the headlights in general, this is just what I read looking back yes I see it's not the HL wires,

Can't really see the halo wiring just stating what I thought it should be

The fact that the harness is home made doesnt help with trying to identify wires. Another reason why i would prefer to go with a whole NEW aftermarket harness

get a blak box light relay then that wire wont melt. to trigger a HIOUTPUT circut.

anytime one changes lights one should use a H4 harness with thicker wires and use relays. use the stock wire harness to trigger a new harness that powered off the battery(starter lug to a fuse box soemtimes if needed).

if you running 55/60 watters u should have a H4 harness already. Never run the stock harness. use the stock harness to trigger the new one.

I was searching ebay today and came across the Clear front turn lenses again and remembered you were looking for them awhile back.http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-1600-510-SSS-BRAND-NEW-FRONT-TURN-SIGNAL-LENSES-CLEAR-BLUEBIRD-BRE-/151587334083?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item234b4f27c3&vxp=mtr

Thanks. I did find them back then. Poor quality so a spare set is good to have.

Think I found someone to do the wiring. Will update soon...I hope

• Like 3

Is FAR still around 

I remember going there when I was a kid 

I was so proud to drive my datsun so far 

Closed since 2002 I think... wish I knew then what I know now and went to visit when they were open.

Been living in Mountain View since 1990.

• 1 month later...